Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Another song to check out

I just got my Matchbox Twenty concert in the mail. Yea! It's great. I've watched it four times already. (This is better than having actual network t.v. playing.)

One of the songs from Matchbox Twenty's third album is called, "Soul," and I love it. It's a wonderful song. I just wanted to share the lyrics here:

Hang out my window over your head
Stare at your feelings to see where they end
You're waiting here for someone else to break you from the inside
You've been so composed
But we all know there's

Always something tearing you apart
It's always so much longer than you counted on
And it hits you so much harder than you thought
But you don't worry
You don't worry
Cuz you got soul

You're so heavy you're so misunderstood
I spent all my wishes wishing times were good when I still could
Wait around here for someone else to take me past the good side
At it for so long you don't show there's

Always something tearing you apart
It's always so much longer than you counted on
It hits you so much harder than you ever thought it would
You don't worry
You don't worry
Darling you got so much soul
Darling you got so much soul

There's always something tearing you apart
It's always so much longer than you counted on
It hits you so much harder than you ever thought it would
But you don't worry
But you don't worry
But you don't worry
But you don't worry
But you don't worry
But you don't worry
Cuz you got soul

Matchbox Twenty is one of those bands that surprised me. When their first album came out, I pondered purchasing it because I only knew two of their songs. I've bought so many albums for a couple of songs and been disappointed. I put in the first album and LOVED it. It's wonderful. Then came the second album. Bands tend to disappoint with the second album. Not this time. Wow! When I heard about the third album, I thought it couldn't get any better. It did.

The third album by Matchbox Twenty is called, "More Than You Think You Are." In listening to the album, you can tell the influence 70's rock had on this band. They capture the feeling of a great era of music. If you're someone who wrote off Matchbox Twenty because you didn't like, "Push," give this album a try. It's a different feel and the songwriters hit those emotions you never could quite vocalize.