Monday, February 14, 2005

The Good News...

Leaving karaoke tonight, Dean asked me, "Anything fun to write about?" I told him, no, not really. I figured tonight was fairly uneventful, even if The Boy and Pete joined DM and I for the night. There were a couple of interesting moments, like my total inaptitude at flirting (hey, here's an idea Beth, bring up the subject of male lactation). DM and I had a couple of fun conversations early in the evening and I can say, I had a wonderful time. The Boy and Pete were friendly and we all sat around telling stories. It was great. Dean joined us for a bit and he shared a few fun stories too.

When the night was over, I paid the tab for DM's and my sodas. We don't drink at karaoke and this is a good thing. Our table had been telling driving tales and with the weather as it was tonight, it was normal to hear everyone saying, "Drive safe," for the way home. It started as rain this afternoon, but turned to snow around 6 PM. It's accumulating pretty good outside and of course, the roads are slush. But hey, this is Minnesota right? We're used to snow.

I dropped DM off at her apartment in Saint Paul and headed home.

Here's the good news (at least some will think it is), I'm still alive and I managed to not damage any property or put a scratch on my shiny, new car.

The bad news, I owe my dad about $100 for the tow truck. I've got to say though, my dad is wonderful.

I ended up in the ditch, not 2 miles from my apartment. A very nice gentleman stopped and tried to help push me out, but we couldn't get over the hill. I called my dad at 3:15 in the morning and he came to help me. When he showed up, he called the tow truck and the guy came, hooked up the pulley and got me out of the ditch in under 10 minutes.

Now that I'm home, I'm starting to get over the stress rush and realizing how scared I was. I don't have a clue how I managed to not cry the entire time. My dad is so awesome and I am so thankful that he was there to help me out.

The karaoke stories may come later. Be good, drive safe.

Side note: I was not speeding, I was actually going slow because of the snow. I just hit an icy patch and ended up in the ditch. How I managed to not hit any road signs is beyond me.