Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Because it takes my mind away from the pending paperwork that I want finished NOW

On the home front, there's a slight stall in the counter offer agreement. As it turns out, the owners have countered my offer, but only slightly (if the financing doesn't go through, they get to keep some of my earnest money - no biggie), but they are also out of town and won't be able to sign the papers until Wednesday. Coming from the generation of instant gratification, I'm stressing a little (probably without reason) and I have slept very little in the past few days.

So, with that in mind, I'm trying to clear my mind. In efforts to get back into blogging, I'm going to revisit an old idea. It's a musical quiz with the answers straight from my iTunes playlist.

I'm going to post the opening lines of 40 songs that come up in shuffle. You, dear readers, get to guess the song title and artist. The person with the most correct will win. The prizes include bragging rights and if you're willing to send an address, possibly a fun, brookba original gift. That's up to you though.

Let the games begin:

1. Summer has come and past, the innocent can never last
2. I want you between you and the feeling I get when I miss you, when everything here is telling me I should be fine
3. As I walk along I wonder what went wrong with our love a love that was so strong
4. Give me a ticket for an aeroplane, I ain't time to take no fast train, oh the lonely days are gone, I'm coming home
5. I keep hearing you're concerned about my happiness, but all that thought you're giving me is conscious I guess, if I were walking in your shoes I wouldn't worry none, while you and your friends are worrying about me I'm having lots of fun
6. You know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you, girl we couldn't get much higher
7. When the night has come and the land is dark and the moon is the only light you see
8. Winners, losers, small time misusers, do what they must on their own
9. I'll give you the best I can give you baby, that's all I can give, we'll live it the best we can live it baby, as long as we live
10. See the stone set in your eyes, see the thorn twist in your side, I'll wait for you
11. A man walks down the street he says why am I soft in the middle now why soft in the middle the rest of my life's so hard
12. Someone told me long ago, there's a calm before the storm, I know, it's been coming for some time
13. When the rain is blowing in your face, and the whole world is on your case, I would offer you a warm embrace
14. You and me we were the pretenders, we let it all slip away, in the end what you don't surrender, well the world just strips away
15. Shadows grow so long before my eyes, and they're moving across the page, suddenly the day turns into night, far away from the city, but don't hesitate 'cuz your love won't wait
16. Aaaah hey! Oh yeah baby. Like a fool I went and stayed too long, now I'm wondering if your love's still strong
17. Fearless people, careless needle, harsh words spoken, and lives are broken; thoughts for ages, help me I'm fading, heaven's waiting, it's time to move on
18. Well a man come on the six o' clock news, says somebody been shot, somebody been abused, somebody blew up a building, somebody stole a car, somebody got away, somebody didn't get too far
19. What is happening here, something's going on that's not quite clear, somebody turn on the lights, we're going to have a party starting toniiiiiight
20. We got something we both know it we don't talk too much about it, ain't no big secret all the same but somehow we get around it
21. All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing here outside your door, I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
22. Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train; and I's feeling nearly as faded as my jeans
23. There's a port on a western bay, and it serves a hundred ships a day, lonely sailors pass the time away, and talk about their homes
24. Her face is a map of the world, is a map of the world, you can see she's a beautiful girl, a beautiful girl, and everything around her is a silver pool of light, people who surround her feel the benefit of it, it makes you calm, she holds you captivated in her palm
25. Who's gonna tell you when it's too late? Who's gonna tell you things aren't so great? You can't go on thinking nothing's wrong
26. I had a friend, was a big baseball player, back in high school, he could throw that speed ball by you, make you look like a fool, saw him the other night at this roadside bar, I was walking in, he was walking out, we went back inside, sat down, had a few drinks
27. Put on my blue suede shoes and boarded the plane, touched down in the land of the Delta blues in the middle of the pouring rain, W.C. Handy won't you look down over me, yeah I got a first class ticket, but I'm blue as a boy can be
28. Jeremiah was a bullfrog, was a good friend of mine, never understood a word he said, but I helped him drink his wine, he always had some mighty fine wine
29. They put a parking lot on a piece of land, where the supermarket used to stand, before that they put up a bowling alley, on the site that used to be the local palias
30. What you want, baby I got it, what you need, you know I got it, all I'm asking is for a little ...
31. When I was a young boy, my mother said to me, there's one girl in the whole world for you and she probably lives in Tahiti
32. Talking to myself and feeling alone, sometimes I'd like to quit, nothing seems to fit, hanging around, nothing to do but frown
33. Oh, why you look so sad, the tears are in your eyes, come on and come to me now, don't be ashamed to cry, let me see you through, cause I've seen the dark side too
34. Take me now baby here as I am, pull me close try to understand, I work all day out in the hot sun, stay with me now til the morning comes
35. I keep a close watch on this heart of mine, I keep my eyes wide open all the time, I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
36. I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window, I saw the flickering of love on her blind, she was my woman, as she deceived me, I watched and went out of my mind
37. There you go and baby here I am, well you left me here so I could sit and cry, golly gee what have you done to me,
38. I used to hang out down at Jack's pool hall, you go down there don't do nothing at all, you wanted to play some cards there was a game in the back, if you wanted a shot of something you went and talked to Jack
39. Once upon a time, once when you were mine, I remember skies, reflected in your eyes, I wonder where you are, I wonder if you think about me, once upon a time
40. Well my heart knows me better than I know myself, so I'm gonna let it do all the talking, I came across a place in the middle of nowhere