Monday, June 08, 2009

A+

Kurka had his first visit with the doctor today. He checked up all good - he got an A+ because he was good for weight, temperature, coat & skin, eyes, ears, nose & throat, mouth, teeth, gums, legs & paws, heart & lungs, abdomen, gastrointestinal system, urogenital system, anal sacs, and dietary. (Never thought I'd find a way to talk about anal sacs on this site.)

He is five pounds three ounces and the doctor said he should get to sixteen to eighteen pounds in the next seven months. We go back in two weeks for some shots (additional vaccines, etc). He's only got a few months left of being a true boy - in September he'll be neutered and get a microchip.

Doctor sent Mama home with a folder full of pamphlets and checklists.

Kurka is getting better with house training. As long as I pay attention, it's fairly easy to know when he needs to go outside. He has figured out what outside is. Once he gets on the grass, he relieves himself quickly. He makes Mama really proud. Mama sounds like an idiot - enthusiastically stating, "Good Boy! Outside! Potty! Good Boy Kurka!" There is clapping and excited bouncing involved too. Yeah, having a puppy makes your IQ rise!

He is slowly adjusting to Mama's schedule. Well, Mama is adjusting to his too. It's just after 11 pm and he's looking at me and his little eyes are saying, "Mama, why are we not in bed right now? Hmmm?"

My vacation is over. What a bummer. While I know there are great things at work tomorrow, I'm going to be hurting when I leave Kurka at home. Coming home from work will be a happy moment for me!