Saturday, June 17, 2006

The A-Z Meme

I’ve seen this on various blogs over the past few months and I thought I’d give it a shot.

accent: Midwestern, but I can turn on the Minnesotan accent pretty heavily
booze: Rarely. When I do drink, I like things that taste nothing like alcohol so usually top shelf vodka is involved
chore I hate: Laundry, dusting, taking out the trash. I love to organize, but that usually ends up making more a mess.
dogs/cats: I prefer dogs to cats. I don’t understand cats in the slightest. There is something so sweet about a dog that will curl up and you can see some dogs thinking about how to be good. I just like how personalities in the different dogs our family have had are so unique. All cats seem to do the same thing.
essential electronics: Laptop. iPod. Cell phone. Digital camera. I would have said DVD player years ago.
favorite perfume/cologne: I have been known to wear a scent called Design, but I rarely put it on.
gold/silver: White gold. The one piece of jewelry I wear consistently is my dad’s old wedding ring and it is made out of white gold.
hometown: I spent the first five years of my life in Raymond, IA. I tend to call Fridley, MN my hometown due to the fact that I went to school there. Friendly Fridley. Yeah, that’s right.
insomnia: Only when I’m truly stressed out. Recent events at work have disturbed my sleep a little.
job title: Call Center Supervisor. I usually have about 20 direct reports.
kids: 0. I’ll keep it that way for quite some time too. Thank you very much.
living arrangements: One bedroom apartment in the ‘burbs. The upstairs people are terribly loud all the time and I'm 99.99% positive my newest neighbors like the reefer quite a bit.
most admired trait: Loyal. I am fiercely loyal to my friends. Don’t cross them. It won’t be pretty.
number of sexual partners: I’m not going to answer this.
overnight hospital stays: As far as I know, only one. I think that I spent one night in a hospital when I was born. I just remember that Mom was happy I was born before midnight because if not, she would have to pay for another day in the hospital.
phobia: heights, spiders, water, walking down staircases
quote: “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little bit extra.” - Unknown
religion: Agnostic with atheist tendencies.
siblings: Do the dogs count? No. Well, then none.
time I usually wake up: The alarm goes off at 12:30 PM. I usually hit the snooze until sometime around 1:30.
unusual talent: I can read upside-down. I can kick really high with my right leg. I also have the unusual ability to talk to someone for an hour and pick up all of their gestures and manner of speaking.
vegetable I refuse to eat: Refuse? I don’t know. I’ve never really been forced to eat a certain vegetable. I don’t really like olives, but I think they’re actually a fruit, aren’t they? I know olives grow on trees. Hmmm.
worst habit: Getting sucked into surfing the Internet for hours on end. Playing a computer game until it bores me to death and then still playing. These are both probably spawned from my addictive personality. If I find something I get a little enjoyment in, I jump in with both feet and don’t bother to check the water level.
x-rays: Dental. And I think one when I broke my finger.
yummy foods I make: I pour a mean Coca~Cola.
zodiac sign: Scorpio. So I’m loyal and passionate. And I can hold a grudge until the day we both die.