Friday, October 27, 2006

Voice From the Past

Early this week, via the Internet, contact was made. I was shocked, surprised, and stunned. If there was one person I thought I would never hear from again. It has been a long time since I heard from him and the sight of the message made my stomach drop.

My first thought was happiness at seeing the message. I figured the message would be filled with reasons and an explanation. In fact, it was simple.

Although I feel a bit of sadness about the history between us, I can still hold onto the happy times and wish him every bit of happiness. He's happily married, working hard, and making a life for himself. I'm not part of that life and that is sad, but I also accept what life threw at me. I'll remember the wonderful times. I'll remember the nights of laughter and smiles.

He wrote, "If you remember me," and all I want to reply is, "How could I forget?"

I do still care. He still touches my heart.