Monday, April 10, 2006

Spring Seems to Have Sprung!

The weather has gotten brilliant here and today I felt like taking a stroll outside, enjoying the light (for once), and exploring the neighborhood.

It is odd, I know, but wandering the neighborhood has never been something I've done since I moved into this place almost two years ago. Minnesota is known as the Land of 10,000 Lakes (more when it rains) so it shouldn't be a surprise that I live right next to a lake. I was surprised though.

I suppose I should do more than go to work, go to karaoke, and scrapbook, huh?

I grabbed my cell phone, my camera, and my iPod and headed out for a walk. I didn't need the phone, but I figured Mom usually calls on Monday afternoons. I found the path near the lake and started to walk around it, not going all the way around. I probably walked a mile and a half, but I have not idea how long this path would be.

Here are some of the pictures I took while walking. The leaves are not back yet, but wildlife is returning. The snow is gone. Many of the downed trees in these pictures are from storms we had last year. Enjoy:

LakeWalk (11)Last Year's LeavesWalk (2)Walk (21)Walk (25)Walk (28)DuckFenceGeeseNestingRemains of the Storm

And here are some pictures I took on Saturday:

Shadow(I just enjoyed the shadows.)
Rainbow (1)Double Rainbow around Sun(Can you see the rainbows on both sides?)