Sunday, May 11, 2008

18 and Life

Yes, yes, I know, cheesy title. But what can you expect from a mind overworked by ethical thinking, logical reasoning, and puzzle solving as the boxes pile up and space for more boxes must be created.

School has started. That's where the "ethical thinking" and "logical reasoning" are coming from. This last class is the Capstone, or the one where we put it all together. I was afraid of statistics, but at this point, we've been discussing what is ethical and where do we stand on certain issues. Interesting at least.

I drove by my house again. The sign in the front now states to the neighborhood, "SOLD" with confidence. I'm so excited about this and can't wait to move (because seriously, apartment living is really starting to suck). Moving involves a lot of work, which at this point involves gathering as many boxes as I can lay my hands upon and trying to pack things so that I'll be able to find them again once I move.

One of my aunts is a consultant for a crystal company. She has done this for years. What does this mean? It means that for every birthday and Christmas I received crystal. It's beautiful and functional and delicate. And a bitch to pack. Over the years, I did the right thing at each move. I kept the boxes. Sure, they take up a lot of space (at Dad's house for the last 4 years), but it was nice to bring over 9 - super duper garbage bags full of empty crystal boxes. The packing of these items can be a bit challenging in figuring out how each piece fits, but once the box is closed, the items are protected well.

I have the first week of June off of work. It will be nice to have the time to settle into the new place, again, my place. I'm just getting used to saying that. It feels good. My mom said she might take some time off during that week to help out and we could be doing a bit of shopping. IKEA may be a destination.

I feel as if there was a point to this post that I lost about the time I signed in. The title offers me little help, other than to remind me that I have 18 days before I am a homeowner. Interesting.

Since I've lost what I was looking to post about, I think it may be time for bed. Good night!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!