Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Song of the Night - Summer Obsession

Alright, I admit it. Years ago I had a thing for a certain guy and ever summer the feelings come back. I haven't talked to him in over 4 years and I still think of him every time summer comes creeping up. This song has nothing to do with summer, but it reminds me of him (he exposed me to it by singing it sweetly and full of emotion) and summer reminds me of him, so here it is:

You Move Me
Performed by Garth Brooks

This is how it seems to me
Life is only therapy
Real expensive
And no guarantee
So I lie here on the couch
With my heart hanging out
Frozen solid with fear
Like a rock in the ground

But you move me
You give me courage
I didn't know I had
You move me
I can't go with you
And stay where I am
So you move me

This is how love was to me
I could look and not see
Going through the emotions
Not knowing what they mean
And it scared me so much
That I just wouldn't budge
I might have stayed there forever
If not for your touch

Oh but you move me
Out of myself and into the fire
You move me
Now I'm burning with love
And with hope and desire
How you move me

You go whistling in the dark
Making light of it
And I follow with my heart
Laughing all the way

Oh 'cause you move me
You get me dancing and you make me sing
You move me
Now I'm taking delight
In every little thing
How you move me


It's a sweet song from the Garth Brooks album, Sevens. I used to listen to it over and over as I tried to fall asleep each night. Unrequited love aside (drunk girl from karaoke, "I don't know what that is,"), it's a soft, happy song about how the presence of one person, or the thought of one person, can set your heart free. I don't regret my feelings for this individual, I do regret never really telling him. I'm glad I knew him and will carry those feelings in my heart for the rest of my life.

I have gotten over wanting to see him again. Time changes everyone, I'm a different person now and I'm sure he is too. I sometimes wonder how his life is going, but I don't need to be a part of it any longer. I wish him happiness and I hope that he is spreading joy to those lives he is touching.


** Side note, I don't like the spell check on this program. If there are any apostrophes that are replaced with weird symbols, that's the spell check. It keeps changing them into very odd looking characters.