Wednesday, October 12, 2005

SPAM

Haloscan and Word Verification for Blogger have helped eliminate the amount of spam found on blogs these days, but it does crack me up. Even though it is completely useless and sometimes annoying, I do laugh at the lack of relevance and the odd topics that manage to generate spam.

On my archives, I never get comments. I don't expect any. But every time I update a post with a couple of new links, I get spammed. My table of contents is up to 13 pieces of spam alone and the range of topics do seem quite random. Here are some of my favorite bits from spam.

Any links have been deleted and changed into italics and reddish font. Additional commentary is in italics behind each bullet point.

  • I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck. It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about penis enlargement, scrapbooking kit) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about penis enlargement related articles and subjects. (Two separate spams but only the links are different)
  • You have a awesome blog! I've got a Adult Sex Toys site. It's about Adult Sex Toys related info. Come see when you can..
  • The Daily Show: September 13, 2005 Hey hey, the man's name is Jon Stewart and this is day two of The Daily Show's special report, Evolution Schmevolution. found your blog - good work Play poker card game the most popularity game anywhere (Internal commentary - does this one even make sense?)
  • Nice Blog!!! It looks like you've spent a fair amount of time setting it up and keeping the content fresh. I'll be sure to come back.I have a online dating blog. It pretty much covers dating tip related stuff.Thanks again and keep up the good work.
  • anyone looking to date a older woman ? online dating
  • dating profile (This one isn't even creative enough to add additional words!)