Monday, October 03, 2005

"How did I lose March?"

A year ago, I wrote a post to summarize the previous 12 months and wanting to set my new year up at a different time than most. You can find that post here (if you're interested). I am happy to see that my date for a new start is the same as Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year this year. That won't happen again next year. But here is my post to look back on all that has happened in the last 365 days.

October 3 - 31, 2005

I take a class on statistics. It is horrible.
I fall for a boy. This ends up being way over blown.
DM and I go to karaoke every Sunday night.
I have lunch with Liese.
Matt and I go to Perkins for card playing.
I turn 26 and go out to dinner with my mom and her boyfriend to Manny's, one of the top 10 steakhouses in the country.
Halloween karaoke is fun and I dressed up as a Go-Go Dancer just so I could wear my awesome boots.

November 1 - 30, 2004

DM and I go to karaoke every Sunday night.
The boy still drives me insane.
I bought a new car!
I finish the stats class and take a computer & information processing class.
I go to Perkins with the Sheepsheadians.
Thanksgiving is spent at my grandparents with my dad and my cousins.
I voted.
I tried to hold onto a futile friendship with my former roommate with no success and now hindsight shows me this is a good thing.
The enema pledge is made.

December 1 - 31, 2004

DM and I go to karaoke every Sunday.
I go to Perkins with the Sheepsheadians.
DM and I get stuck going out with Pete.
DM and I scrapbook.
I go to lunch with my dad and grandparents.
I spend Christmas with my parents, my mom's boyfriend, and DM joins me for scrapbooking.
I try to burst my bubble and make a move on a crush with no effect.
My mom gets a new cat that is added to the mix at my old home.
I went to an awesome Christmas party.
DM and I decide to take a trip to see Johnny in Portugal.
Char and I really start hanging out after work.
I spend New Year's Eve with Keem, DM, and Matt at Perkins.

January 1 - 31, 2005

I scrapbook with Keem and DM.
I spend time with my dad.
I go to Perkin's with the Sheepsheadians.
My remaining wisdom tooth needs to be pulled.
I go to IHOP with people from work.
Friday night pool starts up with people from work.
DM and I go to karaoke every Sunday.
The player starts calling me.
I take an employment law class.
I bought a new cell phone.
I got pulled over by a cop (no ticket).
I saw my former roommate for the last time.
The boy shows up at karaoke again, messing with my head.

February 1 - 28, 2005

I go to karaoke with DM every Sunday.
I play pool after work with all my friends.
I go to IHOP with the girls from work.
The Sheepsheadians have a gift exchange (belated Christmas).
I have lunch with Liese and change my hair.
I spend too much time at the dentist.
I go to Manny's with Keem and DM and we also go to see a Gilbert & Sullivan Light Opera.
Pete asks me out. I say no.
I ended up in a ditch after karaoke.
I finally wrote off a friendship that was no longer healthy. Purging the pain felt great.

March 1 - 31, 2005

Matt went M.I.A.
I spent a lot of time playing pool with Char and going to IHOP with Char.
DM turned 38. We had a fun weekend.
DM and I went to see Michael do his karaoke show.
DM and I went to karaoke every Sunday.
I went to the dentist (again).
I scrapbooked with Keem and DM.
DM and I went to get our passports!
Jesus sent me mail.
Johnny has a birthday!
I bought an iPod.
Char had her tires stolen at the Chalet.

April 1 - 30, 2005

DM and I go to karaoke 3 out of 4 Sundays.
I interview for a new job.
I play a lot of pool with Char.
I went to Taco's 18th birthday party.
DM and I go to Portugal to meet Johnny!
We see the ocean.
We see a beautiful museum.
We see a chapel made of human bones.
We get to meet Johnny and realize how truly wonderful she is, our impressions are confirmed.
Three of the bankers on my team leave the call center during the same two week period and I am saddened.
DM and I feel excited to be part of the IN crowd at karaoke.
The Pope died so I bought new clothes.

May 1 - 31, 2005

DM and I go to karaoke each Sunday.
We get invited over to Bryan and Liz's house!
I go to the dentist a lot.
I was promoted at work.
I play a lot of pool with Char.
My grandma passes away.
Taco passes away.
I have to start the process of hiring a team lead.
Matt has a birthday.
I spend time with my paternal grandparents for Mother's Day.
I spend a lot of time at my mom's.
This was one of the hardest times of my life. May was a mental roller-coaster.

June 1 - 30, 2005

I hit my one year in blogging.
I have my 8 year anniversary at NABABNA.
I hired a team lead - Steve. He rocks.
I spend time playing pool wih Char.
I go to karaoke with DM.
DM and I go to Tomah to meet Mark.
I spend time at my dad's.
I go to a farewell party for Donovan.
DM visits for a scrapping weekend.
DM and I start going to karaoke on Thursdays.
My camera was stolen at work.

July 1 - 31, 2005

I bought a new camera.
I played a lot of pool again with Char.
Tom moved to Texas. This is sad. (Tom is Char's husband.)
I go to a summer party.
I watch fireworks.
I go to karaoke a lot with DM on Sundays and Thursdays.
I go to Mom's a few times.
I scrapbook with DM.

August 1 - 31, 2005

I go to Manny's with Mom, Dad, Scott (Mom's boyfriend), and DM.
DM and I go to karaoke a lot.
I play a lot of pool with Char before she moves to Texas.
The player calls me again.
My dad has a birthday.
DM and I get to go to Bryan and Liz's again.
I go to work early for an all-managers meeting.
DM and I visit an old stomping ground of mine, aka Bugs.

September 1 - 30, 2005

Lots of karaoke.
Lots of Perkins with Steve.
I go back to school - economics. Ick.
I play some pool with a girl from work.
DM and I get to go to Bryan and Liz's again for karaoke.
I visit my mom's house and my dad's house.
Chip has a birthday!
I go to the dentist again.
My dating life starts getting odd.

October 1 - 3, 2005

I do a lot of school work.
DM and I go to karaoke.
I spent Sunday afternoon at my dad's.
I went to the dentist.
I wrote this post.

The last 365 days have been filled with a lot of karaoke, a lot of friendship, and a lot of changes. It has been a rough year, but I think I'm a stronger person for having gotten through it. I had a great time in Portugal with DM and Johnny and I'm happy in my career. My circle of friends changed a little and my family got a little smaller. I am in a very different place than I was last year at this time, even though my surroundings are not that different.

What do the next 365 days have in store?