Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Why I Love My Job

I'm going to admit that my job is not always lollipops and rainbows, but I do love it. There are times when I just smile and feel good and know that I am in the right career.

On Saturday, I was talking with one of the bankers. She's the one that has been there since the new team was formed. My Lost addiction has spread and others are starting to enjoy the show.

This banker was at the video store Thursday night with her son after work and decided to pick up the first disc of the show. By the time I arrived on Saturday, she had watched the first 6 episodes and had left me a note saying, "I'm on episode 7 of Lost! I'm addicted and I blame you!"

Later that afternoon, we were talking a bit, about banking and about the show. She told me about her son asking why she picked this show. This made me feel really good.

B (banker): My friend at work likes this show.
S (her son): Who?
B: Beth.
S: That's not your friend! That's your boss!
B: Well, she's my friend too.

I liked this.

This banker tried to rent the additional DVDs this weekend and was unable to find the third disc. So she bought the series. Just a bit ago, she called me at home to tell me that she bought the series and also give me some great news about an HR related thing from work.

It was really, really sweet to hear from her while I'm on my mini-vacation. Things like this make me happy about my job.

----

By the way, completely unrelated to the post, but I thought DM would get a kick out of this. I was watching Four Weddings and a Funeral and I had to laugh. One of the recurring songs in the movie is the "Love is All Around Us". I keep wanting to sing it, "Christmas is All Around Us."