Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Irritated

I hate them. I do not know their names but I hate them. Hate is a strong word. But let's just say it is a little after 5 AM, I have to be at work at 8 AM and have to make it through 8 hours of training (you know, sitting, listening, probably watching movies, and staying alert) and I'm going to be relying on a massive amount of caffeine today. You wonder who "them" are? They would be my upstairs neighbors. The people who NEVER sleep and may or may not be using meth to keep them this active 24 FRICKIN' hours a day!

I actually went to bed at 10:30 last night. Aren't you proud of me? I was being the responsible adult, trying to obtain my 8 hours of shut eye. I was able to fall asleep for a bit around 11, even with the moaning and "Yes! Yes! YES!" coming from upstairs as the woman found pleasure in what her significant other was doing to her. Her screams were not as annoying as the metallic clanging their bed makes against the wall and scrapping sound in has on the floor.

I awoke at 2:30 AM to more sounds of their passionate love making. Her screams of "Yes!" were replaced with just simple moaning and lots of "Ah! Ah! Uh! Ah!" I hate them.

I could handle the sounds of passion if that's all it was. But then, at about 3 AM, they decided it was time to, I don't know, REARRANGE their entire apartment. This involves lifting heavy furniture, dragging it around, and DROPPING it REPEATEDLY on the floor, complete with the THUD! that rattles everything in my apartment, let alone theirs. This has kept up past 5:30 AM now.

I complained once to the apartment management about the noise these people make and this stupid woman that I had never seen working in the office before scoffed at the notion. I normally do not mind these people because I am a night time person. However, I am upset today.

On the subject of being a night time person and living in an apartment. I try very hard to be respectful of those who live below, above, and next to me. I listen to music at night, quietly playing from my speakers on my computer. I keep it low. When I walk around, I walk on my tiptoes, keeping my weight from making each footstep heavy. I don't drop crap on the floor.

I really need to complain to a different person in the office. I'm very annoyed right now at these people. And for the love of God, DO YOU EVER SLEEP?