Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Day Off

My plans for the day were simple. Sleep late, get an oil change, go to Radio Shack, and go to karaoke.

I did accomplish two of the things on my list so far. I slept late (I didn't get up until about 4) and I did go with my dad to Radio Shack. They were able to get the turn table working, but I still think the directions sucked and the thing should just come assembled. The guy had to call another store to figure it out. Bah!

Dad and I then went to Best Buy so I could buy a recording program for the computer. I have been able to hear the records playing, but recording seems to be a bit of a problem. I'll come back to that.

After visiting Best Buy, my dad and I went to Chipotle for dinner, since DM is sick and I was hungry. No use waiting for her since she can't seem to eat. My dad got a Corona at Chipotle and the lady ID'd him! He's 56 years old. It made him feel good.

I'm still planning on karaoke, but there is no reason for me to arrive super early. Steve and Sarah are meeting me up there later and without DM, I could talk to some people, but I don't really enjoying sitting by myself in a bar. I am waiting awhile.

I got the box of vinyls out of the closet to see what joys I will be able to have once I figure this thing out. Here are some of those fun titles I've found so far (some are mine, some were my parents, and some I have no clue what they even are):

Hangin' Tough - New Kids on the Block
Forever Your Girl - Paula Abdul
New Kids on the Block - New Kids on the Block
Like a Virgin - Madonna
Out of this World - Europe (who?)
Magic - The Jets
You Can Dance - Madonna
Tiffany - Tiffany
Faith - George Michael
Thriller - Michael Jackson
Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac
Greatest Hits (Vol. 1 & 2) - Elton John
Fly Like an Eagle - Steve Miller Band
What You Hear is What You Get (Live at Carnegie Hall) - Ike & Tina Turner
The Best of the Guess Who - The Guess Who
Pump - Aerosmith (I think that's the title of the album)
The Joshua Tree - U2
L.A. Woman - The Doors
Welcome to My Nightmare - Alice Cooper
Double Vision - Foreigner
Hot Number - The Fabulous Thunderbirds
The End of the Innocence - Don Henley
Cuts Both Ways - Gloria Estefan
Girls Go Wild - The Fabulous Thunderbirds
Living in the U.S.A. - The Steve Miller Band
Some Girls - The Rolling Stones
Back on the Street Again - David Clayton Thomas/Linda Ronstadt & the Stone Poneys
Greatest Hits - Linda Ronstadt
Live! - Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles
Nick of Time - Bonnie Raitt
Vol. 3 - Traveling Wilburys
Wheels are Turnin' - REO Speedwagon
Pack Up the Plantation - Live! - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Traveling Wilburys - Traveling Wilburys
Full Moon Fever - Tom Petty
Southern Accents - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
"Let Me Up (I've Had Enough)" - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Riptide - Robert Palmer
"Addictions" Vol. 1 - Robert Palmer
Heavy Nova - Robert Palmer
Clues - Robert Palmer (Wow, he had a lot of albums. And my parents seemed to buy them all.)
Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only the Piano Player - Elton John
Greatest Hits - Journey
Get the Knack - The Knack
Skynyrd's Innyrds (Greatest Hits) - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Legend - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Then & Now... The Best of the Monkees - The Monkees
More of the Monkees - The Monkees
Wild One - The Guess Who
Brigade - Heart
Small World - Huey Lewis & the News
Their Greatest Hits - Eagles
Building the Perfect Beast - Don Henley
Rattle and Hum - U2
Who's Better, Who's Best - This is the Very Best of The Who - The Who
Back in the High Life - Steve Winwood
Children of the Future - The Steve Miller Band
Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
The Rhythm of the Saints - Paul Simon
Sounds of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
Against the Wind - Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band
Live - Steppenwolf