Saturday, December 30, 2006

Year in Review

(A meme discovered via DM)

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
I went to Canada. I'd visited Mexico, Germany, and Portugal before, but I had yet to visit the great land just north of my state. I really enjoyed the trip with DM.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
The closest I came to having a resolution was to promise myself that I would embrace my feelings towards men I meet. I didn't do as well with this one, especially since I'm still playing Devil's Advocate about the entire Andriy dilemma. This year? I want to resolve to resolve an issue that is hindering my ability to jump on a plane and visit Andriy. This will not happen overnight, but could be resolved by the end of the year if I buckle down.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth or adopt?
No. Unless you count a bartender at the Chalet and I'll admit, I don't even know the baby's name. Oops. Oh, one of my bankers just had a child. Or his wife did but he is the father, so it counts.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. I had an uncle pass away that I'd never met.

5. What countries did you visit?
Canada!

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
That's tough. I don't really feel like I'm lacking anything, except that one issue. Unlimited spending power? Without repayment? That's not really possible.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 15 (drunk at karaoke); October 26 (hearing from Andriy); March 11 (DM's Birthday); May something or another (Road trip to Canada)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Proving at work that my team could be #1 in sales

9. What was your biggest failure?
I still have yet to graduate college. That will take place in 2008.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing too severe. I think I got sick early in the year. Maybe.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Scrapbooking stuff - this year wasn't a big one for buying cool electronics.
Note - oops! I realized that I bought a laptop this year. That was cool.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
DM, Sarah, my mom, my dad, and quite a few of my bankers. I surround myself with good people. It helps. Always.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There was a situation at work that I dealt with early in the year that was highly stressful, disappointing, and angering. The behaviors of a certain individual went against my trust and I was saddened to realize what was being done by that individual.

14. Where did most of your money go?
iTunes. Debt. School.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Canada with DM. Hearing from Andriy. My team's performance.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
I don't know if there is a specific song for the year, but two songs that come to mind are, "Mess," by Ben Folds Five and "Maybe You're Right," by BNL. Both just move me.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Probably happier. About the same.
b) thinner or fatter?
Unfortunately, fatter. That's what happens when you start going to lunch every day.
c) richer or poorer?
Richer, but still poor.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveling. Scrapbooking. There's always a wish to spend more time with friends and family.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Going to the dentist?

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
It's past. I spent it with my parents and my mom's boyfriend.

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Love was reawakened in 2006. How does that sound?

22. How man one-night stands?
Dude. He lives in a foreign country. A little difficult. None to be exact.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
I like LOST. I also watch Heroes and CSI (Vegas).

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I hate the actions of a few people, but nothing enough to wish badly upon anyone.

25. What was the best book you read?
I don't read enough. I guess I'd say, "Eyes of the Dragon." One, I love the story. Two, I don't remember reading anything else.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I got into Ben Folds and Death Cab for Cutie this year, thanks to Steve. KT Tunstall also.

27. What did you want and get?
A top performing team.

28. What did you want and not get?
I really should not write, "Laid," here.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't see many movies this year. I liked "Stranger Than Fiction," surprisingly.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Well, I'm still 28 (because that hasn't changed yet), and I went to Olive Garden with my mom and her boyfriend. I went to karaoke that night with DM. Sarah, Steve, Katie, Char, and Tom were all there. The next night, I went toManny's with DM, Char, Tom, Bryan, Liz, and James.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having Portugal and Ukraine a whole lot closer.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Understated. The only real thing I can think of getting any notice was the fact people could see m colored socks. There were a lot of days of blue jeans and long sleeved shirts.

33. What kept you sane?
My parents. DM. Sarah. Steve.

34. What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmmm. I will always adore David Duchovny, Kevin Spacey, Hugh Grant, and Clint Eastwood. But for 2006? I guess Josh Holloway is pretty.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The hindering of gay-rights, the war in Iraq, and I guess the execution of Sadaam Hussein recently has got me checking the news. Not sure what I think of that yet, still catching up on the details.

36. Who did you miss?
Johnny. Andriy. Taco.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Meeting Diana was cool. There are a few bankers who also rank up there.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Just when you think things are hopeless, something can come around and change your life. You could give up on a dream to find in an instant that the dream is all you can imagine. And delegating does help reduce stress. It is okay to ask for help.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"There is nothing in this world quite as beautiful as your shiver." Or, "All alone, as I've learned to be, in this mess, I have made." The first is from a Fred LeBlanc song, "Shiver." The second is from, "Mess," by Ben Folds. "It was often talked about, it was often raised, but nothing was ever done about it." This one is from, "Maybe You're Right," by BNL.

Teri said: "May something or another (Road trip to Canada)" The date is etched in your memory, huh? Happy New Year!

Mother of Invention said: Wow, what a lot of thought you put into this! I like your positive nature about dreams being reawakened, and how you have such supportive and loving friends/family. You have good aspirations. I hope your dreams come true in 2007! Maybe you'll get up to Canada again and overseas before year's end! Happy New year, Beth. Thanks for being such a regular faithful visitor to my blog!

CarpeDM said: Yeah, we're real good with the date thing, aren't we? I am looking forward to the little trips we take to get away this year. They may not be very far, they may not be very expensive but as long as I have a camera and you, it'll be the best road trip ever. You know, until the next one.

Lioness said: Oh I loved this meme, and your 28 made me laugh out loud! I too wish Portugal were closer but never fear, what w the continental drift, some day we'll be crashing into each other. I'll then wave madly, so you can spot me. Happy 2007!

Frustrated Writer said: great meme! will use it on my blog. glad 2006 brought you some fantastic blessings including a reawakened love, top performing team, and satisfaction. Here's hoping 2007 is a banner year for you too!