Thursday, July 14, 2005

Facts of Life

Last night, as Char and I played a couple games of pool (which is probably a reason why I am so tired but I really, really want my night schedule back! One more week. I keep telling myself that and it's getting harder and harder to get to work early. In fact, I'm thinking today is a good day to be there at 1:30. Training. That's why. Uh-huh. Yep. I believe that. Sure) we witnessed a man that has not embraced his age with dignity.

I'm talking about male pattern baldness here. At a nearby table, we saw a man who appeared to be in his early 40's whose hair (or lack of hair) was black and greasy. He had the crown (you know, where the top of his head is shiny but he still has hair on the sides and back). This man also seemed to have a small patch of hair, about the circumference of a quarter, just above the middle of his forehead. This patch of hair was long and stringy and he had maybe the worst combover I've seen on a real person. (There have been cartoons that show this.)

If he had put the patch of hair into a ponytail, it would have been as long as mine. It was slicked and starting to fall away from the glossy palette of his head and utterly gross.

In this day and age, there are solutions for going bald. Medications or hair transplants work wonders. If you're not so inclined to try those options, keeping your existing hair clean cut can be a solution. Shaving one's head, if the head is a good shape, is an option. Some men choose to wear hats. Combovers are just as bad as mullets!

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. It was gross. Mainly because of all the grease in his hair, but still, ew!