Sunday, July 03, 2005

Maybe I do want kids...

Back and forth my opinion goes. Today I went to a 3rd of July party at Kelly's home. Kelly is a woman I work with and have enjoyed since she started at N.A.B.A.B.N.A. She had invited a bunch of people from our call center, I was the only to show up. So instead of creating a corner of N.A.B.A.B.N.ians (I just make up words, it's okay), I helped watch the kids.

Other than a baby sitter of the kids that showed up much later, I think I was the only adult who wasn't married or who had kids at that party. Most of the couples had at least two little ones running around and no child was over the age of 5. Kelly had a pool, sprinkler, and a slip 'n slide set up for the kids and they all ran around in their suits.

Even when a kid fell down and cried, it was fun. There was so much joy on the faces of the little ones and they all had unique ideas. Some would take water from the pool to water Kelly's plants. Some liked to wash the drive way. Some even just liked to splash around in the water.

I had an excellent time and also had a bit of fun taking pictures of the kids. Scrapbooking is one of my passions, as I've mentioned before, and I rarely get the opportunity to take those adorable pictures of kids to make the best pages.

Here are a few of the pictures I took from the day.

Kendra (4)
Stick 'em Up! This is Kendra. She was so friendly and so animated all day.

Kendra (10)
She was trying to throw the water balloon at her grandma. It wouldn't pop. She had that same balloon for over an hour!

Kendra (11)

Kendra (26)

Fireworks (6)
Kelly's husband, Aaron, was lighting legal fireworks for the kids to watch. One of the little ones said, "I hear real fireworks!" when a house down the street lit off a couple larger displays. Aaron's response? "Thanks."

Sparklers (10)
The kids watch the fireworks, all saying, "Oooh," and "Aaah," and "Do it again Uncle Aaron!"

Evan (5)
This little guy is Evan. He was having a great time with little water balloons, balls, and a push mower that made popping sounds.

Kierra (4)
Kierra is Kelly's daughter. I liked this picture because Kierra had wanted Kelly to take her ponytail out. To do this, Kierra had to hold Kelly's beer. Just amusing.

Water Balloons (3)
The water balloons were massively popular with the kids and they all hid behind the wall, waiting for Kelly at one point. The "Only people in swimsuits" rule went right out the window!