Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Steak & Penguins

It was a feast all around tonight. My stomach was happy, happy, happy when DM and I went out to dinner and I had a good steak (and bread and an onion and good soup and a baked potato) and afterwards I was able to eat up penguins with my eyes!

DM and I went to go see March of the Penguins at the theater James works at tonight. He was extremely nice and let us in to see the show free-of-charge, although I have no problem supporting the movie and his theater. But he told me last night at karaoke that if we paid he'd kill me. I guess I didn't want to die because someone wouldn't take my $8.

March of the Penguins was amazing. It's a National Geographic film narrated by Morgan Freeman and it is all about how emperor penguins mate and raise their young. We both laughed and cried. DM may have cried a few more times than I (considering I did not cry at one of the previews that she let out a loud sob).

I had a fantastic evening and enjoyed DM's company. She'll have to write about her bus adventure and the rain, but my evening was perfect. It's good to know that my week is starting off right. The new bankers hit the floor on Sunday and I'll be hopping this week. But I do get to go back to nights (which I am looking forward to). Now, if I could convince the center manager to not hold the all manager meeting at 8:30 AM* on Wednesday and shoot for a time like, oh, I don't know, 2?, all would be great. I may be a bit tired a couple more days here.

*Read that as about the time I finally hit REM sleep. I like going to bed around 5 AM and 8:30 is an evil, evil time of day. The sun is up and everything.