Monday, May 01, 2006

What Does This Say About Me?

In the process of organizing my bookshelves (read as: going through everything in my apartment in the lost hope of finding a disc with the Adobe Photoshop Elements program on it), I decide to categorize the books. I have such categories as: fictional novels (with a sub-category for Stephen King), reference books, related to schooling, cookbooks (which I have an amazingly large amount), children's books (sentimental value), and scrapbooks.

As I am pulling books off the shelf, I find my copy of the Bible. I received it when I was about 7 and had my first Communion (is that spelt right? It doesn't feel right.) And my instinct was to put it in the reference category. Why does that not feel right? It's not a cookbook and to put it in the fictional novel section just seems even more insensitive. Hmmm.