Friday, August 19, 2005

Quickly, before the madness starts

Lately, all I've been able to truly think about is work. Which is amazing, since there are other things in the back of my mind, but I do think I've managed to avoid being obsessed or upset by events from this summer by throwing myself into my job. This is yet another post about how my day at work went.

Yesterday was filled with chaos. When I arrived at work (complete with a gallon of ice cream and 2-litters of soda for rootbeer floats), our team had a two-hour meeting. We have one meeting during the month and I'm glad we finally got to pull the bankers from the phones. The group got to bond a bit and we were able to cover some business.

I was able to have one-on-one sessions with a couple of bankers yesterday. I met with Steve for a bit of time (always cool) and I was happy for him when he was able to drink soda, a feat he hasn't dared since his surgery. On my lunch break, I called Char and talked with her. I miss her every day.

One of the proud moments of my day yesterday was going over a quality assurance score with an emotional banker. This banker has a history of getting upset and frustrated and I was weary about showing her the scores she had received on her first few calls. The scores were in no way good. Even though the scores were hard to bear, there were good things in the scores to discuss, such as the fact she gave out correct information, just had issues in identifying the callers. And from a bank stand point, the information given out was never something that put the bank or customer at risk. What I am proud about is the fact the session did not end up in tears. This banker is quite emotional, as I mentioned above, and was able to take the coaching in a positive light. It was a huge relief off of my shoulders that she did not leave work crying.

Tonight, the full moon, may prove to be crazy for me. I have four bankers that I want to discuss quality with tonight and this is a long, tedious process. There is also another banker who was offered a job (unemployment is very low right now and our biggest challenge is being the best company to work for and keep the employees we hired within NABABNA). I want to talk to her and help her understand that she is at a great place, full of opportunity. It is hard when it is an employee market, not an employer market. These are challenges I am finding.

Well, off to work!