Monday, March 21, 2005

Random Chatter

This post is not a story and it's not about the angry moments I had last night. I'm still a bit upset with a person, but it's more because I don't want another person to have ANY part of my life anymore. Long story, maybe one of these days I get another blog and tell it. It just doesn't fit here.

I was SUPPOSED to go to the dentist today. I did not. I rescheduled the appointment for next Monday because I have a cold and my chest hurts a little (cough) and my throat is a bit sore. Because of the symptoms of my cold, I figured having a drill in my mouth for an hour would not be a pleasant experience (which it isn't normally, but it makes it worse when you hurt in other areas).

This past weekend has been a project weekend for me. My project? I'm loading all the CDs I never loaded into my computer before. Since I'm waiting for my iPod to arrive (it should be about Friday for delivery), I figure it would be good to have the whole music collection available to upload.

DM stayed over on Saturday night. We are working on planning our trip to Portugal (explains the vast number of books I bought yesterday, I don't do anything lightly). We watched a few movies she had never seen before. I was hoping she would enjoy some great movies. We watched "Casablanca", "The Usual Suspects", and "Reservoir Dogs". I think she enjoyed them.

We had a good time at karaoke last night, even with the drama of some other regulars. A couple of really great singers, girls we have started to talk to, had a problem with a friend of theirs who was quite drunk and upset by actions she did while she was drunk. But beside that, we got to sit and talk to Liz and Dean for a bit. I don't know why, but DM and I both think, "Oh, the cool people talked to us!" It's kind of silly, yet we really like these people and enjoy the time we get to spend with them.

I'm working on posts that are more story orientated. The post about growing up and bonding with my dad is longer than I expected. So that might take a couple of days. I'm trying to find a way to break it up.

I'm also waiting for the travel agent to call me back. She's looking up tickets and prices for me right now. And then maybe we'll have tickets to Portugal booked! Yea!