Friday, March 25, 2005

Shuffle, Shuffle

Three minutes after I had hit the snooze button on my alarm clock, silencing Rob Thomas, the buzzer for my apartment blarred and I sat up in bed, instantly wide awake. It took about five seconds to register just "What the hell is that noise!?!"

Now, on a typical day, sleep outweighs EVERYTHING else before 2 (ah, the joys of a night shift). I had the thought, who could be stopping by today? Then I realized the truth, it was probably the FedEx guy delivering my new toy.

And it was! My iPod arrived a couple of days earlier than I thought it would. To add to the joy, it arrived charged up! So I spent the extra hour that I normally snooze loading all the music from iTunes to my iPod. The little, light weight iPod now has over 3,500 songs in it and I'm busy taking all the sound files from my old computer and preparing them for iTunes and the iPod.

I normally don't listen to iTunes on shuffle and I will probably start listening to albums or artists on the iPod, but to test the new toy out, I've been playing the shuffle tonight. Here is just a taste of the random playlist and my music collection:

Walking Away - Jonny Lang
Jane (Live) - BNL
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
Keep the Faith - Bon Jovi
It's Your Thing - The Isley Brothers
What a Good Boy (Live) - BNL
Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon
Someone Saved My Life Tonight - Elton John
Busted - MB20
Get What You Give - Jonny Lang
Peggy Sue - Cast Recording - Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
Kodachrome - Paul Simon
Me - Paula Cole
You'll Accomp'ny Me - Bob Seger
Congratulations - Traveling Wilburys
The Boy in the Bubble (Live) - Paul Simon
I Wear My Sunglasses at Night - Corey Hart
I'm Alive - Seal
Down - Fuel
Only in Miami - Bette Midler
Ride Captain Ride - The Blues Image (I have no clue where this one came from)
Still Don't Give a F*ck - Eminem
Some Fantastic - BNL
Wet, Wet, Wet - Badly Drawn Boy
King of the Hill Theme - The Refreshments
That Summer (Live) - Garth Brooks
Radio, Radio - Elvis Costello
Waiting for a Girl Like You - Foreigner
Rock and Roll Part 2 - Gary Glitter
Stand Inside Your Love - Smashing Pumpkins
Learn to Do It - From Anastasia (the cartoon)
Breathless - The Corrs
Proof (Live) - Paul Simon
Next Time - BNL
Love in Store - Fleetwood Mac
Clouds (Interlude) - Janet Jackson
Walking on the Moon - The Police
I've Got the World on a String - Peggy Lee
The Lady is a Tramp - Frank Sinatra
Dizzy - Tabitha's Secret
The Other Side - Aerosmith
Silver Thunderbird - Marc Cohn
Hangnail - Nickelback (Dana! They took our idea and made it into a song!)
Come Out and Play - The Offspring

This is just a small sample of the songs that I've been listening to. I'm having way too much fun with the iPod.

----

*Note, I wrote this post last night, yet Blogger was being difficult. Does anyone else think that Blogger can act like a stubborn little child, kicking and screaming? Here's to hoping this post finally works.
**Also, the lack of posting is because I've been organizing a bunch of sound files on my computer for the iPod.