Sunday, June 05, 2005

Who's Counting?

On May 23rd, DM wrote a post about her one-year of blogging. Today is my day to do the same.
One year ago today, I was sitting in my old apartment and wanted to comment on one of DM's posts. I decided to create a profile and a blog. That night I wrote two posts. One was an introduction and the other was about my friendship with DM.

Since that night, I've met people over the Internet and formed friendships through blogging. DM and I met Johnny because of one of the posts I wrote and I was able to add her to my list of IRL friends when we visited Portugal in April.

I've learned some formatting and changed my template about six times. I found out about uploading pictures to the 'Net. I uploaded a ton of the pictures from our trip and you can find them here.

I created categories for my different posts. I was even able to learn about drop down menus and minimized the size of my sidebar.

And today, I will leave you with a series of links that help show you a bit of who I am and what I have done in the past year.

Family (category)

One of the many reasons why I love my mom
Part two of stories about my dad
Mom has three pets at the house at the time of this post and we take two out for a W-A-L-K

Dating 101 (category)

Four hours of torture
Five years later

Growing Up (category)

And I was six

Obsession (category)

Seven books and hours of reading later (hey, it fit for the theme!)

16 Tons and What Do You Get (category)

Eight years of NABABNA means a whole lot of stories

Apartment Living (category)

Almost nine months later

It's the Portie Way, You Know (category)

Top Ten reasons to love our adventure of a lifetime

Losing count, and if you are still interested, here are a couple of more random posts/stories/etc.

Are You My Type?
Stupid People Post & Reply (these two are almost infamous!)
Corresponding with God - I got chain mail from Jesus!
Take a Piece of My Heart Baby - My car gets sick
Bait and Switch (AKA Take My Breath Away) - A bad, bad night where the "date" didn't go as I had hoped