Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Disturbing

On my way to work today, I had to stop at a light. The car next to me (to my left) was being driven by a man appearing to be in his 40's. The backseat has a couple of little kids horsing around and there is a boy, I mean boy, in the passenger seat. This kid looks like he's about 15 years old, I'm assuming he doesn't drive yet and that his dad had to take him home from school or something. The kid has his baseball cap on his head sideways and my first thought is, "Look, it's the rebel from suburbia. He looks tough."

Since I'm looking around, being the observant driver, I accidentally made eye contact with this kid. My mistake. This boy starts looking at me, smiling, and he starts to roll down his window. That's right, a 15-year old boy started checking me out.

As my instant uncomfortable feeling set in, a miracle happened and the light changed. I held back and let the other car pull forward first. Since I was no longer next to the car, I see the window start going back up. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

It just disturbed me that a kid at least 10 years younger than I was checking me out. I feel icky.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, CarpeDM said...

How can we be friends? I would be thrilled to death if a guy 10 years younger than me would be checking me out...actually, I'd be thrilled if any guy started checking me out.

Oh, yeah, a guy 10 years younger than me would be 27. It really is kind of creepy that I think Frankie Muniz is hot, isn't it? Oh, well, at least he's legal now.