Saturday, August 14, 2004

I'm emotional

I am about the world's least athletic person. I don't watch sports, I could not explain how the points in football are accumulated. But for some random reason, I find myself watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics (on replay - that's the beauty of being a night owl) and I'm crying over stupid commercials. That's right. I'm crying over a stupid Home Depot commercial.

So far I have realized that the theme from Jurassic Park was playing over James Earl Jones's voice. I'm now waiting for a T-Rex to show up and storm the arena. This probably won't happen. I hope it doesn't.

A nine-year old boy just rode a boat across the water, waving a flag symbolic of something that Bob Costas explained. I didn't quite catch what it was. This boat the kid was riding on looked like a paper boat. You know, the kind you can make out of a piece of newspaper. Maybe I've read IT by Stephen King too many times, but now I'm thinking, "They all float down here!"

That's right folks, I went from crying over a commercial to horror movies/books. I may need mental help.

Now there's a lady standing around, holding a plastic head and looking at the 1/2 horse, 1/2 man thing (centaurs - I don't remember how to spell this and I know Dana will be upset by this). A cycladic (I don't know if this is the right word) head came out of the ground and there's images being bounced off it. Ahhhh! The head just broke apart into many pieces and now the pieces are floating to show "more realistic statues showing the dawn" of the human body. This was from Katie Couric. And now the bodies are supposed to represent the Greek Islands. I'm so confused. I should probably pay more attention to this.

"The Greeks call this young man, Cube Man." There's a guy suspended in the air on a cube, walking around. I just think the name, Cube Man, is oh, so descriptive.

Okay, enough of this. I just had to share a few random thoughts. Now I'll pay more attention and stop letting my mind find the oddities of the opening ceremony.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, CarpeDM said...

Actually you got it right. It is centaur. I have no idea what the other stuff was though.

What was going on with the Home Depot commercial? You can't tease me like that. If there is crying over commercials, I need to be a part of it! Tell me! Tell meeeeee!