Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Ew, ew, ew

As I stood in front of my closet today, my brain still half-asleep, it never crossed my mind that a green, overly large, untucked, and non-form fitting polo shirt I picked out would have caused the experience I later had at work.

I'm standing at work, five hours later, talking to a banker on our team. What are you supposed to say when someone is obviously not making eye contact, not because they're shy, but because their eyes can't seem to pull away from another area? This employee was flat out staring at my chest. This shirt shows absolutely nothing of my chest and is not a flattering shirt. I don't get it.

This really bothered me, obviously, I wouldn't be blogging about it if it didn't. I think what concerns me the most is that he wasn't listening to the answer of the question he asked. Not with his eyes practically falling out of his head. It was like one of those cartoons, you know, where the lead sees someone they are attracted to and to emphasize it, the eyes start bouncing around the screen.

I feel dirty.

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, CarpeDM said...

No way. What a jerk.

I would suggest one of two things - either you let Matt or I talk to this person or you maybe mention it to HR if it happens again. No one should ever be made to feel this way.

At 9:14 PM, angelia said...

I am sorry that happend to you!

At 11:43 AM, Firebear said...

I like breast as much as the next guy, but would expect better of a professional in a work location