Thursday, August 26, 2004

Surfing Blogs

Am I a horrible person? It seems to me that I might be lazy or that I just don't like a lot of distractions.

Blogger now has this link at the top of each page to go to the next blog. This is rather cool and I've found a couple of blogs worth reading. As I was clicking through tonight, I realized that I don't like it when I get to a blog with tons of extra stuff on it.

I'm talking about having music play or what really annoys me, having something follow the mouse around. I hate those date, time, et cetera things on the end of a mouse pointer. It makes me disregard the blog and move on.

I found a blog I enjoyed tonight. The refreshment of an ice cube, only made of words. I enjoyed his Eulogy. ish post. I have to read more and see if it will become a constant hit. He reminds me of me and also of Dana. And then he's completely different. That made sense, didn't it?

Random stuff:

I have a meeting tomorrow at 1:30. This may be a problem since I usually get out of bed at 1:50. I really should be going to bed now.

I gotta talk to Matt. I wonder if he wants to hang out tomorrow night. Reminder to self to call Matt. (Or if my big brother is reading, call me! Just not before 1 in the afternoon. I'd prefer you call me at work. That's where I'd call you from.)

I started a new book. I'm reading Bag of Bones by Stephen King. Haven't gotten too far yet. It's interesting and I guess it's tied to the Dark Tower series. 27 days left until the final book comes out. I'm thinking of creating a countdown calendar for my desk at work. This might be slightly obsessive.

Got to talk to Matt about Saturday afternoon. I asked Dana already and she's interested in going to an event in September. I think Matt will be too. That made no sense. I'm sure of it.

I'm starting to get caught up at work. I've spent the last couple of nights figuring out disputes with the quality monitors. I seem to enjoy the arguing with the authorities to help the bankers perform at higher levels. I don't know if I'll get anything back this month, but I'm trying. Our team is suffering and it's driving me crazy.

My pile of scrapbooking stuff seems to be growing. I need to get the Vegas album completed. Then I could probably organize a little better.

I found the cord for my N64! It was in a cooler. I used very interesting things to pack stuff when I moved. Why this cord was the only one not with all my electronics is beyond me. But I got to play Zelda again. Thank you to Adam for giving me the game!

I got extremely upset at my computer tonight. I had a post for Out of the Mouths of Morons completely written and tried to run spell check. Some goofy pop-up blocker showed up and erased my entire post. ARGH!

That's enough random information for tonight. My brain is fried.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, CarpeDM said...

I wrote a comment last night and then the computer froze up on me. Anyway, no, you're not a horrible person, I don't like blogs with a lot of distractions either. I have no problem with stuff off to the side, like links and guestbooks and stuff like that, it's the blogs that have the snow falling in the background or the dancing things at the bottom of the page that irritate me. I've tried to read them and they are in this odd code that makes absolutely no sense. Like using the letters "U R" instead of "you are." Drives me crazy. This is not a text message. It's a blog. You have an actual keyboard. Try using it.

I liked Bag of Bones. Apparently the critics made this big fuss about it being his first literary novel. Which amused me because it's not my favorite book by him at all.

You know what I liked best about the meeting yesterday, Beth? The fact that all we have to do is exchange a glance and we right away know what the other is thinking. It's nice to know that our psychic powers work away from the bar.

Anyway, yes, I'm working overtime today. I'll see you later.

Adios, mi amiga