Sunday, August 15, 2004

For the sake of Dana

I really should be getting going, but I'm sick and it's an excuse. I'm trying very hard to get the motivation to leave the house for a few hours.

I'm losing the battle.

In the true spirit of procrastination, I decided to log on and check out my emails and a few blogs. I noticed that Dana wanted to know what it was I was crying about in the Home Depot commercial.

It's a simple commercial. It shows athletes at the Olympics competing. Then it shows their names and what department of Home Depot they worked at. Like Hardware or Flooring. Then it says that Home Depot is the company that has helped the most United States Olympians and Olympian hopefuls. It's just a commercial showing support. Very simple. Made me cry. Because I was emotional that day.

I went to work yesterday. For a half hour. I have a stupid cold (probably because the temperature in Minnesota keeps fluctuating greatly and it felt like October for most of last week). I came home, took a bunch of drugs (Advil Cold & Sinus and Nyquil at bedtime) and sat around watching movies. I watched 4 movies about the Wolf Man last night.

Told Dana no to karaoke tonight. I'm too sick to go. I'm sad about this, but I need to get better. My manager is out all next week and I need to be able to work.

Well, I'm off for a few hours. I may write more tonight. Later!

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, CarpeDM said...

I hope you feel better. Thank you for telling me why you were crying. I am obsessive.

Keem, Jeff and Mike are watching (although I actually typed wearing until I realized my mistake) House of Sand and Fog. I am blogging. I think I'm having more fun.

Just for fun - Give me back my house! Do you think she listens to Every time you go away, you take a little piece of me? I bet she does.

At 9:09 PM, angelia said...

I hope you feel better my friend.