Friday, November 18, 2005

How much acid do you think one needs to take for these lyrics to be considered good?

I purchased a CD through Amazon.com because I wanted one song. It is a holiday song that was on a tape my godfather made for me when I was little and it brings back some warm memories. Unfortunately, iTunes does not have the song so I would need to purchase the entire album to receive the one song I've been searching for years.

On my way home from karaoke, I decided I'd give the rest of the album a chance. It is amusing in a strange, 'oh my, that's scary' sort of way.

The album is by the Royal Guardsmen and it is called, "Snoopy vs. the Red Baron/Snoopy and his Friends." No, my expectations were not high, but I'm thinking if I were*, it may have been much more enjoyable.

Track Three is called, "Bears". It is 2 minutes and 6 seconds long.

While walking across the lines and the squares
Be careful not to step on the bears
There's bears in the stairs and sometimes in pairs
And sometimes very difficult to get along with

Bears, everywhere!
Where?
Look out! Look out!
Where?
Look out! Look out!
Bears, they don't care who they scare
You better beware

Roar!

There's bears in the gutters
Be careful not to utter a sound
That might disturb
There's something about yelling
That makes a bear get compelling
And want to take your leg and bite it

Bears, everywhere!
Where?
Look out! Look out!
Where?
Look out! Look out!
Bears, they don't care who they scare
You better beware

Roar!


While swimming in your pool
Try not to lose your cool
And get drowned by a water bear
And the mountains and the cities
And even [some name I couldn't determine] beach
You're never out of reach
From a bear

Bears, everywhere!
Where?
Look out! Look out!
Where?
Look out! Look out!
Bears, they don't care who they scare
You better beware

Roar!


Hey, shhhhh!
*hushed* roar!

Now there's a bear.

*I do not do drugs and I never have. I just imagine this may have been a creation of a drug-induced state.

And for Johnny's sake, I'm not posting the lyrics (at least tonight) to the song, "Peanut Butter."