Saturday, November 12, 2005

My Inbox...

Sometimes I receive emails that I would like to share. They are not all jokes or stories and I am not a big fan of forwards. However, my parents do tend to send rather humorous items and they are quite picky about what they do send. The point of this post is to share some of the items I've received and to also share a few stories about my family (my mom & the pets in particular).

From Mom, on October 27:

"Since you probably won't be going to New Orleans next year, here is what be my second choice. Whenever I was looking for a seminar or class, I looked for San Fransisco, then New Orleans and then Boston. Ok, now that I wrote ir out, there are two second choices. I was thnking Boston first but now I think I either would be great. I've never been to Boston but I would sure like to go!" ~ Not entirely sure why she decided that DM & I needed ideas for our next vacation, but Boston is a good one. I think we'll have to add it to the list for future trips. Right now it is looking like we might go to Washington, D.C. for 2006 with a weekend road trip to Chicago.

From Mom, on October 28:

"I don't think I told you this last night - I meant to. Anyway, you can share it with Dana.

"We were leaving to go and get the camper last night and Mac [the cat] was out getting ready to cross the street. So I yelled at him like usual and he ignored me (like most of the time). By the time we got in the truck and were backing out, he was across the street in the spot where they lost a tree in that last big storm and had planted a new one. As we drove by, I realized that Mac was digging a hole in the loose soil to poop! Then it hit me. Lately as soon as they finish dinner, Mac runs and begs to be let out the front door! I bet he poops there daily! I just hope they don't see him and shoot him or something." ~ Only a little odd, in Mom standards. I also doubt that they would shoot the cat. My mom does not live in a neighbor hood with a large population of gun-toters and animal haters.

From Mom, on November 11:

"I have to take Chip in to get his stitches out today and so I decided to take him and Pepper Jack up to get their nails cut and I'll swing by Dad's with your Coke. I think I got you 15 of them - yeah, yeah, a little overboard. Ended up going there twice so I picked up a flyer and got an extra 4. But one of them had a loose end seal so when I went to put it in the car, it opened up and dropped some. One got a hole so I tossed it and one other one was pretty dented but not leaking. (I got myself one Sprite 12 pack.)" ~ I love her. She bought me 15 - 12 packs of Coke. If that is not love, I don't know what is.

"I also need to get a haircut today and I want to clean the kitchen floor and vacuum but that may happen tomorrow. No sense rushing these things.... Chip Brooks Ever will need some serious tummy scratching!" ~ Her values are in the right place!

"They put the for sale sign up on the house across the street yesterday. Wonder how long it will take to sell. I kind of think the market has started to turn, but who knows. That house has a pretty cool screened patio in the back." ~ Do you think she is hinting for me to buy it?

"Anyway, to the point of this email. [Her friend] had the book, "Night Over Water" that I wanted to let Dana try. I'll leave that at Dad's house today too." ~ Dana, my dad has the book for you.

Now, the pictures. I took none of these, but some are rather cute. I'm sorry to post so many and I hope you can enjoy at least one or two.

The first set of pictures are not adorable, but rather impressive photography. They are all pictures of Hurricane Katrina as it made its way over the land.

i000765_big

i000766_big

i000767_big

i000768_big

i000769_big

i000770_big

i000771_big

i000772_big

i000773_big[1]

In the spirit of Halloween (yes, I know it has passed), here are some random, and creative, costumes for pets. These people have too much time on their hands!

3ee93a7

3ee93b1

3ee93bb

3ee93c5

3ee93cf

3ee93d9

3ee93e3

3ee93ed

3ee93f7

This is quite stunning.

image001

Porcupine Babies! Aren't they cute? Yikes!

porcupine babies

Grand Canyon Skywalk

walk into grand canyon

Scheduled to open Jan. 1, 2006 Hualapai Indian Reservation
*Juts about 70 feet into the canyon, 4000 ft above Colorado River
* Will accommodate 120 people comfortably (how comfortable would you be?)
* Built with more than a million pounds of steel beams, and includesdampeners that minimize the structure's vibration
*Designed to hold 72 million pounds, withstand an 8.0 magnitudeearthquake 50 miles away, and withstand winds in excess of 100 mph
*The walkway has a glass bottom and sides...four inches thick

And these are too cute.

aw 2

baby doll

before & after

dog days

not old enough

one of those days

stretch

what side of family

zip it

And that's all folks! I'll probably share more pictures in the future if they are too adorable or examples of great photography.