Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Serious Post? Random Things? Stream of Consciousness?

Blah. I called in sick to work today. I have now officially spent two days sitting around my apartment, doing pratically nothing and feeling like crap while I do it.

Stupid sickness. I hate it. I've been nauseous most of the day (I won't go any farther than that) and my back is killing me with the body aches. On a positive note, my temperature is returning to normal, I'm down to 97.8. One more degree and I'll be at normal for me. The bad part of my back hurting is that it actually feels like my kidneys want to kill me. Lower back pain sucks. I wish I had refused to do that stupid test in Phy-Ed when I was 13 and then maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't have recurring issues with my back like this.

What is worse is the fact I realized that I'm out of Coca-Cola. I know I shouldn't drink it when I'm sick, but I'm getting a caffeine withdrawal headache. I have fifteen 12-packs at my dad's and not one single can (take that back. Not one single can with Coke in it) in my apartment. Blah.

I did manage to find a bunch of Hi-C juice boxes in my second refrigerator. I must have put them in there months ago and forgot about them completely. Yea! Vitamin C! My mom buys these for me all the time and I love them. I think it is a left-over craving from my childhood.

Today was an iTunes day. That's all it was. There may be a problem when I start thinking of iTunes as a companion (I am joking here. Don't worry.)

So, iTunes, how's it going?
Feel Good Time (Pink & William Orbit.)
Funny. I'm glad you're so cheery. Have you noticed the weather?
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow (Garth Brooks)
Outside the window it is snowing. You are so wise iTunes.
Hard Habit to Break (Chicago)
You're not full of yourself at all, are you?
What'cha Gonna Do? (Cowboy Mouth)
Maybe I'll Leave
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (Wham!)
Whatever. I'm not actually leaving.
Every Rose Has Its Thorn (Poison)
Hey! What gives?
Get What You Give (Jonny Lang)
I'm nice to you. When have I not been nice to you?
Talking in Your Sleep (Romantics)
Are you watching me sleep now?
Near You Always (Jewel)
You're sick iTunes. Sick.
The Wrong Man was Convicted (BNL)
Are you saying I should shut you off?
She Hates Me (Puddle of Mudd)
I don't hate you iTunes. I'm just not feeling 100%.
Blame it On Me (BNL)
You made me sick?
29 Ways (Marc Cohn)
What? Why? Who are you?
Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson)
I'm going to get you iTunes!
Try a Little Tenderness (Otis Redding)
That's not going to work this time!
Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? (Culture Club)
No. Stop being such a kidder.
Why (Annie Lenox)
Because you're being mean for no reason.
You May Be Right (Billy Joel)
Remember when we were chatting about Sunday night?
Friends (Cowboy Mouth)
That's right. We were talking about my friends. What do you think about Dana?
She's a Lady (Tom Jones)
I know that. What do you think about her and Gil?
I'll Remember (Madonna)
You forgot about it already? Well, she hasn't posted the flirting yet, but you know about it.
Lovers or Friends (Cowboy Mouth)
Right now, friends. But do you think they could be lovers?
Someday (Sugar Ray)
When?
In the Year 2525 (Zagar & Evans)
Come on. You're not serious. What do you really think?
She Can't Do Anything Wrong (Bob Seger)
She did flirt perfectly on Sunday, didn't she?
Yes! Yes! Yes! (BNL)
I see you're as excited as all of Dana's faithful readers are.

Okay, enough talking with iTunes. Dana - finish your post now!

2,645. That is how many games of Spider solitaire I've played since I bought this computer. I may be slightly obsessed. I wonder how many games it takes to go completely insane?

Since I have spent the last two days doing nothing, I don't have much to write. I'm sure there are stories from my childhood I could try to write up and a million posts that I never did write up, but I can't think of any now. Sorry.