Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Belém and Mosteiro dos Jerónimos pictures

On the last full day of our holiday in Portugal, DM and I went to Belém and saw fantastic sights. The camera got a bit of a work out and the money I paid for it almost two years ago was worth it. I wrote the post about the day and you can find it here.

We visited the Mosteiro dos Jerónimos and the majority of the pictures are from our time at this amazing sight. The monastery was a highlight of our trip. There are many pictures with this post. I hope you enjoy. There are more images on Flickr than I am loading here. If you click on one of the images, it should bring you into Flickr to view more.

The first batch of pictures are of the Monument to the Discoveries.

Monument to the Discoveries

Monument to the Discoveries

Monument to the Discoveries

Monastery Views from Outside

monestary from outside (58) cropped

monestary from outside (57) edited

monestary from outside (54) edited

monestary from outside (53) cropped

monestary from outside (18)

monestary from outside (12)

monestary from outside (2) bw

Views from inside the monastery

jesus (1) bw

jesus (2)
Okay, I liked this one.

dana in chapel above (1)

Views of the Cloister

views from cloister (63)

views from cloister (60)

views from cloister (49) bw

views from cloister (47)

views from cloister (44) bw

views from cloister (37) cropped bw

views from cloister (11)

Inside the monastery, ceiling view

Monestary Ceiling

The 25th of April Bridge

25th of April Bridge

25th of April Bridge

25th of April Bridge as a stamp

I did not mean to grab the larger size of the last picture. The picture is also the 25th of April bridge and I tried out the stamp filter on my photoshop program. Let me know what you think.