Saturday, May 21, 2005

I Shouldn't...

But my attitude towards a certain individual has changed significantly.

The following is a series of emails between DM and myself regarding an email I received from my former roommate.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam (the former roommate)
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:38 PM
To: Beth
Subject: It's a pig! hehe

Imagine a really horrible clip art image of a pig.


-----Original Message-----
From: Beth
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:40 PM
To: Jones, Dana M.
Subject: FW: It's a pig! hehe

Does this seem like a waste of time? Or am I just bitter?
He sent me a picture of a goat earlier.


-----Original Message-----
From: Jones, Dana M.
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:47 PM
To: Beth
Subject: RE: It's a pig! hehe

Um…if it was a particularly attractive or exciting pig, I could maybe understand. If it was a sheep, that would be understandable except that he’s really losing his Sheepsheadian membership for lack of Sheepsheadian qualities.

Is it physically possible for you to be bitter? Wouldn’t you break out into hives if you tried?


-----Original Message-----
From: Beth
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:49 PM
To: Jones, Dana M.
Subject: RE: It's a pig! hehe

Why would I break into hives?


-----Original Message-----
From: Jones, Dana M.
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:50 PM
To: Beth
Subject: RE: It's a pig! hehe

Oh. Because you are allergic to being mean. Didn’t you know that?


-----Original Message-----
From: Beth
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:52 PM
To: Jones, Dana M.
Subject: RE: It's a pig! hehe

I was not aware that I was allergic to being mean. Does that mean that what I said to the guy in the theater last night should have made me sick?

(I told the guy, "Thanks for the commentary. I don’t think I could have understood the movie without your play by play.")


-----Original Message-----
From: Jones, Dana M.
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:59 PM
To: Beth
Subject: RE: It's a pig! hehe

LOL. No, that’s sarcasm. Sarcasm doesn’t give you hives. And you probably did it [Customer Service skills taught at NABABNA] anyway.


-----Original Message-----
From: Beth
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 4:00 PM
To: Jones, Dana M.
Subject: RE: It's a pig! hehe

It wasn’t [Customer Service skills taught at NABANBA]. Not this time.

So, I asked Adam why he sent me these and he said he wanted to share the love. I asked him, "Pig love?" I think I offended him.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jones, Dana M.
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 7:57 AM
To: Beth

Subject: RE: It's a pig! hehe

Hmm…okay. So let’s look at this in a logical and bullet point manner.

*He sent you a picture of a pig. You have no idea why.

*When asked why he sent you a picture of a pig, he doesn’t respond “Why, I know how much you enjoy pictures of pigs.” This is because you don’t enjoy pictures of pigs so it’s good that he didn’t lie.

*When asked why he sent you a picture of a pig, he doesn’t respond “Why, it’s a particularly good picture of a pig.” This is good because it’s really not all that spectacular of a pig picture.

*When asked why he sent you a picture of a pig, he does respond “To share the love.” What the hell does that mean? Let me tell you. Absolutely nothing.

*Yes, you very well may have offended him but since he seems to get offended over everything and please, if he is offended, you could come back with “Are you calling me a pig?”

*Why would anyone look at a picture of a pig and say “Oh, yes, I see that this pig is actually a symbol of love?” Cupid, yes. A heart, yes. A pig, no.

Okay, climbing off of soap box. Convincing Keem to clean soap box. Putting soap box away.

Another reason why I believe that DM is "delightfully and refreshingly mad, but still mad".