Friday, May 06, 2005

News

When I got up for work today, I found my phone had a two calls and two messages. The second means very little. The first message was about something I knew was coming soon, but the reality was far away in my mind.

My grandma died this morning. She had been in the hospital for a couple of weeks and then in a nursing home for 11 days. She was 90 years old and one of the best people I've ever known in my life.

Grandma had a kind soul and a big heart. The worst thing I ever heard her say about anyone was, "That poor soul." Now she has gone. She believed in God and believed that she lived a good life. If she was right, she is with God now.

Grandma was terrified about ending up in a home. She had two husbands in her life and took care of each of them until the days they died. She raised five daughters and lived during the Depression. She ran her own business until 1975 when she retired and moved to Scottsdale, Arizona. Her life gave her many curve balls and many adventures. Her life also allowed her to see love all around her.

I mentioned the nursing home. Mom figures that Grandma realized she was in a home and hated every moment of it.

That's all I can really write at this time. I love my grandma very much. I miss her already.

These are some pictures of her, throughout her life.

Alice Will
Alice Will, I took this picture when I was about 11 years old.

Jim and Alice Will 2
This is my grandpa, Jim, and my grandma right after they moved to Arizona.

Jim and Alice Will
Grandpa and Grandma again. Taken during the late 1980's.

Grandma and sisters
Grandma and her five sisters. She is the one in the back row on the right.

Grandma and family
Grandma with her family. She is the second to the left in the front row.