Sunday, May 01, 2005

Projects...

"No man needs a vacation so much as the person who has just had one." ~ Elbert Hubbard

So, so true.

I mentioned before that we have over 4,000 pictures from the trip. I am in the process of uploading pictures onto flickr.com and creating another site full of images. It is NOWHERE ready to publish yet. When it is better, I will put a link on here.

Dana and I picked out some of the best pictures yesterday and had them developed. There are 160 of them. After getting them developed, we stopped at my mom's to show her and her boyfriend. In the evening, we went out to a movie with Char and Tom and then to Perkins with Char and her friend, Betsy. We did show off the pictures, of course!

I tried to change the picture in my sidebar. I think after I publish this post it will show up. It is me with my feet in the ocean. I also changed my links a bit. Johnny is now in the real life friends section. It is so exciting to be able to say I have actually met her. I also added a link to Mark's site, Meandering musings muster madness. Check him out. He's got some fantastic posts.

We are going to visit my dad this afternoon, get feed some pretty good food, and then it will be karaoke time. My Sunday usually involve visiting my dad and then going to karaoke, so this really feels like the end of the holiday and back to my regular life. While we were in Portugal, I was able to chat with my dad online at the time I would have normally been at his house. That was really nice, it helped keep the missing home to a minimum. Dana and I both missed going to karaoke a lot. It was probably the hardest thing to give up during our trip. It feels good to be going back and visiting with our friends.

That's about it. The movie we saw last night was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was pretty cute and fun. I enjoyed it and Dana really liked it. She has read the books and said they did a pretty good job of sticking to the story.