Sunday, May 15, 2005

A Little Bit Lighter Subject...

If you want the low-cal Beth post, here you go. If you want the post where I strayed from meaningless drivel, see the post below.

Last night, since DM was sick, I called up Char and Tom and asked if they had their stomachs begging to be filled. We headed up to Fridleykins and ate up some fantastic food. I don't know if I was just really hungry or what, but I loved my meal last night. (Grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, and followed up with a big piece of the strawberry pie that is back!)

While we were sitting there eating, they mentioned that they bought more karaoke CDs. I guess that Wal-Mart has a selection and they have a karaoke machine at home. I wanted to check it out a bit and we headed up to the Wal-Mart closer to their home.

I didn't buy any CDs. What I did purchase was movies. Which, in a way, is probably dumb because I haven't been watching movies lately, but I have a huge movie collection and DVDs are a weak spot for me. Plus, Wal-Mart has a $5.50 rack full of some terrific movies (and some that are really not terrific). Sometimes I like to shuffle through the movies in this rack, looking for gems or older movies that I know I should watch, but am too lazy to rent.

Well, I found some cool movies on the rack. It seems that Wal-Mart recently added some titles to the cheap section and they are not too bad! I found Beverly Hills Cop, Total Recall (still puzzles me every time I see it), Dear God (cute, not great, not bad), Sabrina (the original is a bit better, but this is not bad), Saturday Night Fever (how could I resist!), and Sneakers (totally cool and the one I was really excited to find).

I also looked through the other sections of movies. There were many I wanted, but I did try to limit myself. I only bought four more movies. I've been wanting the special edition of Gone With the Wind for months now and broke down when I saw it. I know DM is going to hate it and probably won't watch it with me (even though the female character is full of life and spunk and just fantastic!), but I had to have it for myself. I also found The Phantom of the Opera and this is cool. I love the story and the music. I've heard the movie is fantastic so I bought it. In Good Company just came out and I did enjoy this one. It reminded me so much of About a Boy for the feeling and I do enjoy Topher Grace as an actor.

The final movie I found is Nobody's Fool. It's a Paul Newman movie that came out in 1994 and I remember seeing it in the theater with my parents and having to rent it over and over. There's not a lot of action in the movie and it is a serious story of a man who is older, living his life in a blue collar town and it focuses on the interactions between people. I loved this movie when it came out and I am happy to have found it.

So that's my mindless drivel. Hope you enjoyed.