Monday, May 09, 2005

I should probably title this post. Any ideas?

You know what? Tom Jones STILL rocks. Actually, I don't know about new songs by Tom Jones, but his old stuff is AWESOME. Only in recent years have I realized how much I enjoy his music.

Really, that has nothing to do with this post. I just had Delilah playing on iTunes.

I had to go to the dentist today. Dr. Tom, my regular dentist (yes, the dentists refer to themselves as Dr. Tom and Dr. Joe - this makes me want to gag, but unfortunately they usually have metal instruments and torture devises attached to my mouth and gagging is hard to do), was not in for the week, so Dr. Joe worked on this tooth I had a root canal on years ago and should have had a crown put on it at THAT time.

The needle with the horrible novocaine went into my mouth and my cheek, tongue, and lower jaw was numb for five hours. The work today was not bad. All they really had to do was pull this cover (some type of glue) from over the tooth and then fit me for the crown. They took some impressions (which made me want to gag more than calling the dentist Dr. Joe) and I get to go back in two weeks.

The good news? The next appointment SHOULD be the last appointment for quite awhile. (Like 6 months.) The insurance money has just about run out.

In the past four months, I have spent many a Monday at the dentist office. I'm cursed with poor enamel in my genetics and I have just started to accept this fact. No matter what I do, I will have some problems with my teeth. My addiction to Coca-Cola only increases the regularity of these problems. Oh well. But I do have to say, after all the pain and all the hours in the chair, I am very happy with the work my dentist has done. I feel good smiling again. There was a time I didn't.

I know, this was not an overly exciting post. But it is something that was on my mind. And I was taking a break from photos and scrapping.