Thursday, May 12, 2005

Maybe the Waters are Safe...

There is something that I shouldn't share. It's wrong and evil and way too good to pass up. I did not write either of these poems (the second is actually the work of Ms. DM and it's just too great!). I know, I know, I shouldn't mock this, but I HAVE to. Don't you understand? It's an addiction that I MUST feed. (The original poem is just one we found without an author - I think it might have been a Hallmark card. That's our story and we're sticking to it. And maybe I've gotten to a point where I just don't care anymore.)

The Original
(Please, read it, just to get the brilliance of the second one)

As our time together
Passes day by day
My love for you grows stronger
In every single way.

Not a second passes
That I don't think of you
Of all our moments shared
They always seem too few.

For me to say, "I love you"
Is merely a small spark
The flame of what I feel for you
Could cancel out the dark.

We may be just beginning
But this feels so very right
It's as if you were the stars
And I became the night.

From the winds above an eagle's wings
To the depths of every sea
Wherever I may find myself
I know you're meant for me.

If there were to come a time
That you and I should part
Until that day, and ever after
I offer you my heart.

I'll try to put this simply
With just one final line -
I promise you that I'll be yours...
If you promise you'll be mine.


DM's Version

I am a sappy romantic dork
Let me frighten you away
You will be calling the cops
For a restraining order some day.

I don't have a life
Or a mind of my own
Hi, let me glom on to you
Then I won't be alone.

For me to say, "I love you"
Is merely a small spark
I had to bring flame in here
Can't keep anyone in the dark.

I am a psycho
I will watch you sleep
Don't worry, my hostage
More than your love I'll keep.

I have to prove that I'm clever
So I'll put some flowery words in here
Pretty much all I mean though
Is that I'm crazy when you're near.

If there were to come a time
That you and I should part
I will hunt you down
And make you eat my heart.

I'll try to put this simply
With just one final line
I'll promise to hunt you down and kill you
If you won't promise you'll be mine.