Tuesday, September 21, 2004

1 Hour 31 minutes to go...

I wrote this earlier this evening. Please forgive my constant thoughts regarding the Dark Tower series. I am obsessed. I am taking a slight break from my reading to post:

I am sitting at the all-night diner awaiting my big brother to show up and play cards with me. The anticipation of holding THE BOOK in my hands is growing. Tonight has been spent doing anything I could to kill time. Spider solitaire seems to have been the primary focus to distract my tormented mind.

I know someone (a main character) will find their path in the clearing, early in this final book. I have my theories of who this will be. I know Roland will have an "unlikely ally" help him in his quest for the Tower. I also have theories about who this is. Yet I sit and await the moment I have the book in my hands. Note: I have gotten through the first part, I know which character found their path in the clearing. I have not found the unlikely ally yet, or at least I don't think so.

God, I'm obsessed!

As much as I want the book, I feel sad. Have you ever read a story with a happy ending and cried just because it's over? Have characters ever felt so real to you that putting the book down feels like saying that final goodbye? I feel this will be the case when I finish this book. I want more STORY.

I think this is why I love blogging. You can find someone whose story moves you. Then they have more posts. Every blogger is a storyteller. It may not be fiction, it may not be fact, but it is what a person felt important enough to share. There are stories that must be told. There are stories one must hear. The Dark Tower is one of those stories to me. The links on this page are also stories I must hear. I feel that.

I guess this post is also a Thank You to all those who share their stories with me (and the world). I laugh, I cry, and I enjoy. So I say "thankya big-big!"

Yes, I'll probably talk as if I'm in Roland's world for awhile. Forgive me.

I WANT THE BOOK NOW!

The tower grows closer still.

The illustrations are amazing in this book. I can just say, "WOW!" I've finished the first part of the book and I have let a few tears trickle down my face. I won't say if they are tears of sadness or of tenderness. I must read on.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Matt said...

Lil Sister,

I started to read the book, I'm sorry, THE BOOK last night and I ma currently close to 60 pages into it, I wish I could be as afr as you are right now so we can discuss and whatnot more than just, have you made it this far? Have you read this yet? So far, it is one of his books that actually grabbed right from the first page, and did not let go. I loved the way that it began so quick, and in the middle of the action that way, it did not take so much time to build everything up. Can't wait to get home and read some more tonight.

Me

At 12:06 PM, CarpeDM said...

I don't ever want to hear another word when I want to stop in the book section again. And I seem to remember jeering when I mentioned how excited I was to read Remember When because JD Robb and Nora Roberts wrote the book together.

What was it you said? Hmm? I think it was "They're the same person!"

Yeah. They are. But I am as addicted to their work as you are to Stephen King's.

I agree with you about the whole blogging is reading stories that grab you. It's a cool analogy and I'm going to steal it...I mean borrow.