Saturday, September 18, 2004

Do I Look Sweet and Sugary to You?

This is just a quick post to explain the oddity occuring to me on my lunch break. I was sitting outside, enjoying the beautiful weather, warm, slight breeze, sun shining brightly in the distance, and writing notes about a post I've been meaning to write for ages. That post will be up by the end of the weekend, I swear. My word is my bond.

Back to the subject of this post

I am sitting outside, basking in the sunlight (yes, this is odd because of my fair skin), my wild red hair blowing about in the breeze. It sounds peaceful, doesn't it? I am wearing blue jeans and a bright yellow polo shirt today and writing in my mini-notebook with a green medical pen.

Suddenly, my peaceful moment is shattered. Two bees thought I was a flower and needed pollinating or something. One landed on my shoulder, scoping out my hair. The other landed on the pen I was holding, crawling around.

I hate bugs. I think I've mentioned this before. They taunt me, they are out to get me. Bees scare me as well, although not as badly as spiders. I am cautious around bees, I've been stung twice in my life and that was enough. I calmly (surprising, isn't it), looked at the bee on my shoulder and said, "Please go away." It magically understood and flittered off. Hurrah! Success!

The bee on my pen was a little more stubborn. Moving slowly, I lifted the pen back up and sideways. The bee realized it was not a flower stem and flew off into the distance. Crisis over.

I guess I just looked like a flower today with my bright colors. Maybe I'll wear black tomorrow...

2 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Rev said...

You've only been stung twice in your life? I've been stung twice in the past 10 days. I guess that's all part of being a mailman.

At 8:09 PM, CarpeDM said...

In the garden of life, friends are the flowers.Which, really, when you think of it, is kind of a stupid saying. Because if your friends are the flowers, the weeds are your enemies. But what else is there? What are the cucumbers? The doctor? I would say that tomatoes were IRS agents but you would be very upset with me because you like tomatoes. Although, now that I think of it, you might like IRS agents as well, since you are so fond of math.

I'm going to have to ponder this for awhile.

I am sorry that the bees tried to harsh your buzz (ha! get it! Bees = buzz! Oh, God, I'm such a dork).