Wednesday, September 22, 2004

It's over

I just finished the book, put the lumbersome thing on the shelf and I'm thinking about going to bed. This seems a little odd, since I've done pretty much nothing but read all day (and night) long.

To the person out there in the void where I heard, "Unlikely ally" from, MY ASS! Sorry. I don't usually swear, but I disagree with this statement.

I broke into uncontrollable sobs (which tends to delay the reading, it's hard to keep turning pages when you can't actually read the words) 7 times in this book. I wept slightly at the end but my mind is such a jumbled mess right now, I'm not really sure if I actually read the afterword. I think I did. I really need to go to bed.

My opinion on the book is still undetermined. Let's see what my dreams tell me of Roland's grand quest.

And make no doubt about it, it's all about the quest.

To quote Roland Deschain: Ka is a wheel.

And to quote Eddie Dean: Ka? Ka? Ka-ka.