Saturday, September 04, 2004

My day...

A long weekend coming up...for everyone but me. I work Tuesdays through Saturdays, so having Monday off is really not a big deal for me. What is fantastic to know is that most of my friends now have Monday off and this means Sunday night will be one filled with friends and fun! Dana put an open invitation to karaoke on her blog (check it out here). If anyone is in the Saint Paul, Minnesota area this weekend, come to karaoke!

I wrote last night about my big brother being missing. He made me worry when he didn't show up for cards with Dana and I. What scared me more was the fact he didn't answer his phone when I called. I found out today that his youngest wanted to cuddle and he fell asleep. I forgave him, his little one is so gosh darn cute! And it's great to hear him connecting and enjoying those moments now. He should treasure it while he's got it. Kids grow up so quickly and their independence jumps in leaps and bounds. (Dana - this is the answer to your question on whether or not I heard from Matt.)

After work, I met Matt for dinner at an all night restaurant. I won't say the name but I had some wonderful "pancakes" in a "house" that seemed "international". While we sat there, a table behind us made a comment which bears repeating. I'm not sure why it bears repeating, other than it is amusing.

These two men (boys) were sitting across the table from each other. The first is covered head to toe in hair. I'm sure he was wearing clothes (I'd have noticed a naked man in public - I'm pretty sure of this) but all I noticed was the greasy, matted hair all over his body. I think he had a pony tail, except it was on the side of his head. You know, lop-sided and sticking out in an unsymmetrical way. The other man was clean shaven and I noticed his attire. He was wearing black shorts with his shirt tucked in. His white legs reflected the overhead lighting, blinding me at one in the morning. To contrast the pale legs and the pitch black shorts, he had pens lined up in his pocket.

Now, I love pens. I probably have 10 in my purse alone. I'm addicted to office supplies and I'll also admit to some obsessive-compulsive behaviors (organizing my socks, etc). I have never lined up 9 pens in my pocket by type, color, and functionality. This guy had three roller ball pens starting at the left, red, green, and blue. Next came the Sharpies. There were five, in rainbow order: red, orange, green, blue, then black. Finally, there was a regular Bic pen (pretty sure it was blue). This struck me as too much work.

Here is the phrase we overheard:

"I am a man! I play Dugeons and Dragons! Women want me, of course I have to be careful. Mom might wake up."

I was barely able to stay in my seat, I wanted to jump him right then and there.

(I'm pretty sure the sarcasm came out there. If you didn't catch it, I was kidding.)

Oh baby, oh baby, oh.

That's all for tonight. More adventures to come this weekend!