Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Just an update

Today was a strange day. I've been having difficulties sleeping lately (I think it's the fact whenever the people above me run their air conditioner, something vibrates in the wall creating this constant, annoying buzzing noise - shut up Matt). The weather here has finally reached summer and this causes me to hear this pulsing noise all night long. I slept badly last night and woke up unable to concentrate on anything. Even with eight hours of sleep (on and off), I felt as if I hadn't slept in three years.

Side note: I love to sleep. It's not just the building energy back up part, it's the dreaming (which are usually more interesting than T.V.) and the waking up in a warm, secure place. I've been a person needing at least eight hours of sleep my entire life. I don't understand people who can get by on four hours or less. But then, my experiences have show me those people are usually quicker to crack a sarcastic joke or get really angry. I sleep to make sure I'm refreshed the next day, involved in the conversations going on, and allowing my attention to stay focused on the points at hand. I could sleep for twelve hours a day, it's just I couldn't get everything else done that way.

Since I slept so terribly last night, I did not go to work today. I know, this is bad. I felt horrible though and so I called in. Since I didn't show up for work, Dana called me to see how I was doing. It was nice to talk with Dana for a bit. She's so sweet and a great friend (yes Dana, you are).

I have written a little before about my lack of randomness. Dana is the opposite of that, she can come up with some completely random thoughts. This brings me to something she said at karaoke a couple of weeks ago when we were discussing athletes.

"But your mom, no not your mom, Sarah's mom, no, someone's mom said, 'he's not your type,' wait, that was Nora Roberts. That's fiction."

I still don't get this. But I love her. She's terrific.

Not all that blog-worthy, but I am going to write about it anyway. I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening. I'm going to meet Matt and Dana for cards after work, our Thursday tradition.

We'll be playing the game I named my blog after. Sheepshead is a trump game resembling a cross of spades, hearts, and euchre. It's not the game which keeps the Sheepsheadians together, it's a reason to get together and laugh for hours. I love the time spent with the other Sheepsheadians, they are my friends and the reasons I love my life. Friendship is the most important thing in my life and I am fortunate to have great friends. That's what keeps me positive, keeps me enthusiastic, and keeps me smiling.

Not too much in the brain tonight, this is about the most concentration I can manage. I did figure out the photoblogging thing today and I'll be posting pictures regularly now. This is because of my love of photography. I'm open to thoughts about the pictures I post, I'd like to know if any of them are any good.

Good night.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Matt said...

Little Sister, What ever do you mean shut up? Like I would say anything about vibrating noises, I don't know what you are talking about. I am looking forward to the Thursday tradition as well. Can't wait to see you there tonight, take care today and I will see you and Dad tonight.
Big Brother

P.S. Was the sound followed by screams? Or the strange smell of some illegal? Just wondering.........

At 4:52 PM, CarpeDM said...

Matthew!

I am shocked and stunned by your blatant disregard for your sister's request that you shut up. Didn't your mother and I teach you better manners? I am appalled.

You just wait until I see you tonight, young man, there will be heck to pay!

Love,

Dad