Thursday, September 30, 2004

Success!

After much unneeded worry, I started school again tonight. I was able to set up my newsgroups (how we go to school in an online environment) and I found the posts I had to respond to. I printed up my syllabus and the information about this other computer program we need to use to go to class.

I'm excited. This usually happens when I start a new class. The next five weeks will have stress added to my life, but I'll be learning and I enjoy using the topics in class on my work environment. At the University of Phoenix Online, our courses usually ask us to use our situations at work to discuss topics being taught. Sometimes, the information I learn about helps me become a better employee at NABABNA. The discussion of business practices are not overly exciting, but they do fit my life and I enjoy the discussions in class.

I know there will be times during this class where I'm frustrated or upset. I am making a promise to myself to not let it get me down. I don't know if I can effectively say I won't get upset if someone in a learning group doesn't contribute, or if some other major disaster occurs, but I will try to keep a positive attitude.

I have an odd request for the general blogging world. Some of the papers I have to write involve finding good articles on the Internet about certain topics. If anyone comes across a great, interesting article, about "a hypothesis that was used to validate a research study," I would love to know where it was found. I always have troubles finding really good articles, so if you see one that reminds you of the topic, please let me know. I appreciate it. Don't worry if you don't find anything. I'll be looking myself too.

On that note, I'm off to study, read 40 pages of text on hypothesis testing and try to remember how to determine the standard deviation of a dataset.

Poor Dana, she's going to hate me for five weeks. I'm sorry in advance. I do need to try and talk some of this out, if I just read it, I'll never understand it and it is for my betterment. This degree means a lot to me and I do want to understand what I'm paying to learn. Otherwise, what's the point?

3 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Matt said...

Huzzah! That is such a fun word to say, Huzzah! You have started school, that is awesome. By the way if Dana's head starts to explode or anything else, feel free to talk to me about school, I do not mind it all. I will see you later tonight, have a good day.
Big Brother
P.S. By the way, I read some more last night and I cried andhad to stop reading. He is a bastard.

At 12:36 PM, The Lioness said...

Try http://www.scirus.com/, it's pretty scientific and they have heaps of articles.

At 10:54 PM, CarpeDM said...

I'm glad you're having success with your class. I will promise to not let my head explode too much (actually, is that possible? Would it work to have your head explode only a little?) if you'll forgive the glazed over look my eyes are going to take on.

I don't get this stuff. I understand it helps you to try and teach it to me and because you are my friend and I care, I will sacrifice myself on the altar of statistics.

Yuck. I even hate the word.