Monday, September 06, 2004

On a lighter note...

I had a great weekend. It was the normal days off for me, but as I wrote before, most people had today off for Labor Day and so a large group of my friends were able to go out last night. Dana had Sunday and Monday off (she usually works both days) and so we spent the weekend scrapbooking, blogging, talking, going to karaoke, and going to IHOP. (Side note - I've recently become addicted to IHOP. I love it!)

I dyed my hair this weekend. Not that I hate the color it is, I just am mentioning this because it didn't turn out like I had hoped. The team I help manage at work won a contest a couple of months ago in which I had to dye my hair red. Not auburn, not strawberry blonde, RED. Well, I did it and I've been thinking about going back to my natural wheat-colored blonde. My roots were getting pretty long and since I didn't have enough time to go to the salon, I decided to pick out a dye at the local retail store. Knowing that I couldn't go from red to blonde with a store kit easily (believe me, I've tried before, it's not a pretty sight), I tried a color I thought would just blend my roots into the faded red my hair was. I thought I'd end up strawberry blonde.

I now have intense red hair. I think the color is actually darker than what it turned out when I dyed it pure red. Once I get an actual decent picture, I'll post it. The only one I have has some major red-eye going on and I'm not sharing that. My thoughts of blonde are drifting away...