Friday, September 24, 2004

Update to My Logical Vant against my school...

Finally today I heard from my counselor. Not yesterday, not when the error could have been corrected quickly and easily. No, today she called and emailed me back. ARGH!

I am frustrated about this situation because I planned on being in class from Sept 23 though Oct 27. The counselor did correct my schedule but I'm now taking the class starting next week. This doesn't help the fact that I have vacation time from work for Oct 26 and 27 to prepare for the final. Now the final won't be then. Wonderful.

The message was interesting to listen to (interesting does not mean good anymore). My counselor says, "You're right. This is strange and weird. I don't know how you ended up in algebra. I'll email you." I really love the fact that I specifically told her phone is not the best way to contact me. The ringing phone woke Dana up at what she refers to as "an un-Godly hour." It was noon. But when you're up until 6 AM making fun of commercials on T.V., noon is pretty un-Godly.

The email explained that she corrected the problem. It seems the fact I had passed the proficiency exam was lost. That's right, she lost it. And then she didn't bother to check the fact I was scheduled for a class with a pre-requisite of algebra when I've taken a different class already requiring algebra (and got an A in it!)

But it's resolved now. I'm happy about this. Stats will just start next week. Ugh.

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, rod said...

At the beginning of every semester, I feel terrified that I am going to screw up someone's entire college career. It is terrifying because it can cost them thousands of dollars. And what could I do? "oh, sorry". Back when I first started, I had very difficult advisees - transfer students and associate degree people whose schedules are anything but normal. Once I forgot to put an associates degree student from Dominican Republic in English class. At graduation time, he was told he had to come back another semester. I was destroyed. Another semester out of the country for him. He actually took it quite well, to my surprise.
So, in the fall, he came back for English, ended up staying and finishing a bachelors degree, met a girl, got married... all because I screwed up his course of study.
I am so careful, because I know that another screw up may not turn out so well.I hope your stuff all works out.

At 6:10 AM, CarpeDM said...

I like Rod's example. Maybe you're destined to meet the man of your dreams in this class. It could happen. Your eyes would meet across the room and...oh, wait, you take this class online. Never mind.

I'm glad it was taken care of, Beth.