Thursday, February 17, 2005

Narf!

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

"I think so Brain, but burlap chafes me so."

I have no clue what-so-ever why I started tonight's post with a Pinky & The Brain quote, but it's been in my head. Random quotes and songs have been popping in and out of my brain all day long. Like finding myself singing, "Chantily Lace" while I was answering questions at work today. Where did that one come from? (I've got to admit, the comments intertwined within the lyrics here are amusing. The Big Bopper never knew it was coming. Poor Big Bopper. Why the hell am I feeling bad for the Big Bopper now? I'm losing it.)

Does anyone out there take any stock in astrology? It's always been one of those subjects I never looked at heavily, yet still found myself checking out my horoscope, laughing as I did it. I've never really found a horoscope and went, "OMG! That's soooo true!" Yet, I still have these little books about astrology.

And the subject has been stuck in my head. I'm trying to figure out if I fit my sign. I'm not sure if I do. For those who know me or read this site and have gotten a taste of the crazy that formulates in my brain, does any of these sound like me?

  • Only reveals what they want to be seen and conceal their strong emotions beneath the surface.
  • One reason for secretive nature that powerful feelings leave the individual quite vunerable. Letting others know how deeply it feels brings fear that others may use the knowledge against it.
  • Another reason for secrecy is that powerful emotions might explode if not reined in.
  • When a temper tantum happens, it can be devastating.
  • Concerned with emotions more than ideas, principles, or money.
  • Feelings are constant.
  • When giving its heart, it is given completely.
  • If this sign likes you, you have a friend for life. If not, this sign will not change its opinion easily.
  • Being sensitive, this sign stays away from things it cannot control in order to avoid pain.
  • Pleasant surprises reminds the sign that some things are beyond its control.
  • May act like a loner, but longs for intimacy with others.
  • Careful in choosing friends and lovers who will respect its privacy and feelings.
  • Rewards intimacy with intense affection and steadfast loyalty.
  • When wounded, responds with a deadly sting. The sign has a long memory and will eventually repay any injury after cool deliberation.
  • When being cynical about human nature, this sign believes it is only being realistic. The realism is also the source of this sign's compassion. The sign understands how difficult life can be. If someone is truly in pain, the sign will find a way to help.
  • This sign has no sympathy for those who are down-and-out through their own folly.
  • Able to see through social masks and recognize people for who they really are.
  • Sensitive and self-possessed.
  • This sign benefits more from diet and rest cures than from invasive procedures or strong drugs.
  • Fiercely protective and demanding with high, inflexible standards.
  • Teaches children survival qualities, such as good behavior, honesty, and obedience. Children of this sign have strong sense of security that comes from knowing they are deeply loved.
  • Will try to preserve love relationships at great cost. Known for jealousy and possessiveness; however, will reward devotion with deep understanding and loyalty.
  • Likes order and organization, such as hiding places, drawers, and closets.
  • This sign rules banking and the professions that control other people's money.
  • Work behind the scenes to create efficient organizations.
  • Need for control.
  • Will replay arguments for days - and seek revenge.
  • Extreme self-control.
  • Will clam up if it is expected to reveal the truth openly and if blunt questions become too invasive.
  • Piercing, searching, and knowing eyes.
  • Penetrating mind.
  • Craves emotional security.
  • Private.
  • Sensitive to criticism.
  • Prefers to manipulate the emotions of others to control the world.
  • Does not like surprises.
  • One track mind.
  • Anything other than fact is not to be trusted.
  • Passionate and intense.
  • Usually suspicious of everyone, especially those it loves because these are the people who have the power to hurt it the most.
  • Expert in the art of the silent treatment.
  • Plots revenge.
  • Stubborn.
  • Finds it difficult to let go of a conflict, the urge to sting still lingers.
  • Honest about themselves and their abilities. Not given to boasting or false modesty.
  • Rarely displays feelings with gallant gestures or lavish compliments.
  • Makes friends and lovers effortlessly.
  • Dislikes short-term arrangements.
  • Deep need for privacy may make it difficult to seek outside help.
  • Will file away information for later use.
  • Wants power for the security of being in control, not for the status power brings.
  • Hides intense emotions under a cool exterior.
  • Gets what it wants from others without their knowledge.

I don't know if any of this sounds like me. Maybe some do. I can't even think it out anymore. Why am I stuck on this?