Sunday, February 20, 2005

She's a good listener...

DM called me a bit ago. She and Keem are getting ready to head out and come over here. I was frantically wrapping the presents I purchased when she called and I had just managed to write: "To Keem!" on Scott's gift. Oops.

As I was chatting with DM, I rewrapped Scott's gift and wrote the correct name on it. I was telling DM, "I want to write a post about how I'm the world's best wrapping expert and that I should start a career in wrapping presents, but I don't think anyone would get the subtle humor except for Matt."

She says, "Okay."

There is a pause.

"Did you hear anything I just said?"

"Uuuuummmm, yes."

"Okay, what did I say?"

"I can't remember. I get distracted." DM is known for the bright, shiny object syndrome.

This is also one of the reasons (besides my job) that I hate talking on the phone. But DM and Keem are on their way over and Matt and Scott will be coming and we'll have a ton of fun!