Thursday, February 03, 2005

"What's black, white, and red all over?"

I know, I know, corny title. But I have to share my excitement from today.

Over the weekend, the boss (the manager of my boss) went out of town. She ran a contest for the teams while she was gone. Our team totally ROCKS and we won the part of the contest that would receive random prizes that she bought in Southern Illinois. She had gone to watch a basketball game at a college there. I don't know which college because I'm completely oblivious about sports.

I'm a Minnesota girl, I have my P-coat (nice, wool, classic black - I love this coat BTW) and I have my leather gloves (lined with rabbit fur - I know, I know, kill some more animals for warmth, but I HEART them). I did not have a hat or a scarf to wear on those chilly days when life outside does not exist.

Well, we won. The random prizes were BBQ sauce and this AWESOME scarf! It is now one of my favorite things EVER. I've been meaning to buy a scarf for a while and I never did. I saw one two weeks ago and just loved how cute it was. And now I have one!

Here's a picture of the scarf (on my coat):

Scarf

I think it looks cute and I can't wait to wear it out in public! Just having the scarf makes me want cold days, and I KNOW that's sick.

Do you like my scarf?

4 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Weary Hag thought...

Beth,

Lovin the scarf! A coworker came in recently wearing one like that but hers was grey, blue and white. BORING. Yours seems to suit your personality ~ sharp, enthusiastic and fun, yet quite practical!
I have leather gloves too (and jacket) and nothing stops wind like leather.
It's so neat that you included a picture in your post!!

Carol

At 10:43 AM, CarpeDM thought...

I love it!

How sad is it that when you asked me this question yesterday, my first response was a dead zebra? Pretty sad.

I can't wait for Sunday. You will wear your scarf, I'll wear mine. We will be scarf twins. Well, scarf twins that look nothing like each other, one is 11 years older than the other and not even our scarfs look alike. Okay, we will be scarf buddies.

I am such a dork. But it is fun.

At 5:18 PM, The Lioness thought...

I love that you love it. Enjoy the new pleasure!

At 7:11 PM, Matt thought...

I love the scarf, it is way cool! Is that kinda strange to say something that is supposed to keep you warm is way cool? Because if you think about it, saying that it is cool is kinda like saying that the scarf is not doing what it is supposed to do....I am such a dork. Oh well, I really love the scarf, it is so you.
Big Brother