Thursday, February 17, 2005

Strange Days

You know that the day is going to be a little off-kilter when you wake up and the first thought you have is, 'I knew they were aliens because when I touched them, their skin fell off.'

Then the dream faded and that's about all I have left. I know there were these really nice, normal looking women who were taking over everything, but when I touched one of them, her skin around her jaw just fell off. I was not scared in the dream, just perplexed.

The next thought I had was about work. I had been awake for about three minutes when I realized that I have 3 separate obligations scheduled today and they all are at the same time. This might prove to be a problem.

And since my life has seemed to find a random track again (which always messes me up), I leave you with this short little blip I found in a magazine 11 years ago:

What are the seven qualities of an action hero?

1) Takes whatever he wants and lays it all to waste.
2) Wins all gun battles
3) Is surrounded by weaklings who need protection
4) Wanders, untouched, through scenes of carnage
5) Tends to have everything he encounters burst into flames
6) Isn’t even slowed down by the death of his friends
7) Uses cool tag lines like “Hasta la vista, baby”

It is interesting to note, by the way, that Scarlett O’Hara meets all seven qualification of the action hero. But only if you consider, “Fiddle-dee-dee” a cool tag line.